MartyK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Level Perks Missed?

I am level 5, but I've never claimed any rewards for the previous levels.

I can now only choose between 3 months of Google Play Music or Discount Google Play Movie Rental.

I would have liked to recieve 100gb of Google Drive storage, which I was supposed to get at Level 4.
Is there any way I can still claim this, and the other perks?

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Level Perks Missed?

@MartyK that 100GB Temporary 1 year perk expired many months ago. Just to point out that it's temporary for 1 year only. I don't believe it's going to be much use for many people. After 1 year, it would expire and if you have more storage than  your original 15GB, then Drive will no longer receive new files, and Gmail may also not work properly, and you will then need to delete your files or move them to another location, which is a real pain. Or pay Google a monthly fee to maintain that storage. It wasn't a really beneficial in my opinion. 

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

@MartyK that 100GB Temporary 1 year perk expired many months ago. Just to point out that it's temporary for 1 year only. I don't believe it's going to be much use for many people. After 1 year, it would expire and if you have more storage than  your original 15GB, then Drive will no longer receive new files, and Gmail may also not work properly, and you will then need to delete your files or move them to another location, which is a real pain. Or pay Google a monthly fee to maintain that storage. It wasn't a really beneficial in my opinion. 

Level 5

Oh, ok. Wasn't aware that it was only for one year. If that's the case than it doesn't really matter.
Thanks!

Level 8

I am at level 7 and still do not understand how to find out where my perks are to be found.

The only perk I have been notified about is one months free Google Play on Google contribute.

I have not received any perks from my contributions to Google Maps.

The only perk that I have noted until now is to be able to use Google Play for three months for free but only for a new account ( which , I think, is never going to be much use to me or anybody else for that matter).

The ability to expand storage in Google Drive from 15GB to 100 GB (but only for a limited time) doesn't seem worth following up.

The solution given is unsatisfactory , but I am replying in case someone else can give better guidelines, or maybe I will have to research perks received by level 7 on Google maps.

You need 5000 points to be on level 7. You need 15000 points to be on level 8. I have about 7200 points , so I will need to stave for another 8000 points before  I get to level 8.

A few perks that I can use could help me be more motivated to accrue these points in a shorter time.

Peter

Level 7

Hello All

@Ringjahn @MartyK @StephenAbraham

I'am actually hoping they will make a perm option of between 10-20GB.

I've made a suggestion here about it.

Perks that Expire Re : Why )

Level 8

I am not sure what good a permanent option of increasing

the storage of Google Documents to 10 or 20 GB will be for me

or anybody whom I know.

But perks could be an incentive to organizing your information 

using  different

other services

from Google

(not just Google Photos