BrianV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

LG SUMMIT 2017 INSIGHT

Hey Friends!

To all the 5's that are currently applying for the summit or have applied. Consider the following:

• Are you using the "Introduce Yourself" post as your local connect link to share more insight about yourself and your experience with the program or using a different format?
  • How have you gone about doing your video?
  • What changes will you make if any going forward from here whether or not you get picked?

Overall, these are just some questions I have been asking myself lately that I hope to share with you all.

12 comments
Level 10

Re: LG SUMMIT 2017 INSIGHT

Hi @BrianV i will reply to your last question.

Last year i was working hard to get selected, and i didn't.

Meanwhile, without thinking about this year application, i made a lot more work, on communities, maps and on LGC.

If I won't be selected for #lgsummit17 i will continue contribute as usual, because I really enjoy doing so.

Good luck!

Connect Moderator

• I haven't got a chance to introduce myself in the board, but I will soon enough 🙂
  • Finished taking all the footage, in the process of editing now. I'm taking it slow though since I have my day job and it's currently quite busy. Maybe I'll get it done by the end of this week or sometime next week.
  • No change. I've been doing this since the Local Guides program wasn't even called Local Guides (City Expert), and have been enjoying the experience. So I will keep doing what I've been doing 🙂
Level 10

As @LucioV said I am also doing it with no reason. I also have not introduced myself in the board just like @iyudhi. I need to manage camera to shot a video and the coming week will be spent on exam. Then after will submit the form.

Level 5

@LucioV, That's awesome. I think your commitment to persevere is what makes a LG successful here and inspire others. 

Thank you for sharing!

Level 5

I suppose I can answer my own questions too...

• I am thinking about using my Introduce Yourself questions in addition to additional insight into my life and experience with the program.
  • I am thinking of some creative ways to incorporate my family into my 1 minute video as my personality shines when I am most comfortable.
  • Whether or not I get selected, I will always seek to gain new heights. I will do what I do best; take photos and write stories.

I look forward to the collaborative journey we have together!

Level 5

@IvanY wrote:
  • I haven't got a chance to introduce myself in the board, but I will soon enough 🙂
  • Finished taking all the footage, in the process of editing now. I'm taking it slow though since I have my day job and it's currently quite busy. Maybe I'll get it done by the end of this week or sometime next week.
  • No change. I've been doing this since the Local Guides program wasn't even called Local Guides (City Expert), and have been enjoying the experience. So I will keep doing what I've been doing 🙂

@iyudhi

Do you plan on using the link to the introduce yourself as your connect post once completing the board? 

That is awesome you are editing your video, I hope you develop something you will be proud of.

Persistence is key, I am glad that you enjoy being the city expert that you are. I hope that you would continue to share your experience so that others can grow with you.

Level 5

@BishowvijayaP

Thanks for the update! Exams are important. I hope you execute your studies well and still find the grace and time to complete your application submission. 

Keep us posted.

Connect Moderator

@BrianV Oh it's just simple editing. Mostly just cutting and stitching videos together. Nothing out of the ordinary. It's just trying to find the time is not easy 🙂

Level 10

@IvanY wrote:

@BrianV Oh it's just simple editing. Mostly just cutting and stitching videos together. Nothing out of the ordinary. It's just trying to find the time is not easy 🙂

I'm late too... just collecting some clips around, i will try to create the short video this sunday! Too busy these days!