MapWrangler's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Is the Map Your World Forum Still in Existance?

Hi,

1. Is the Mapping Your World Forum still in existence? I don't see any recent posts, nor any announcement concerning it.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/bd-p/Mapping

2. Is the "box format" that I now see -- where each message is in its own box a redesign of the Local Guides Connect forum?  Again, I didn't see any announcement or information about it.  

3.  As a follow-on to #2, is there an option to display the forums in the format they used to be in?  -- which in my experience is the format used by 99.8% of forums on the planet.

4.  Any other information on these topics would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Is the Map Your World Forum Still in Existance?

Hello @MapWrangler,

Connect upgraded from 1.0 to 2.0 a month and a half ago, you can read the official announcement.  You have a saved link to a board that existed on 1.0; the link works to allow navigation for those like yourself that might have created bookmarks but you'll find there is no direct link there in the navigation menu as it is no longer possible to post on a 1.0 board.  Connect 2.0 is not just a skin change, it is a change of the entire structure of Connect and thus it's not possible to use an skin to make it identical to 1.0.

Mapping questions would go in the 2.0 How To board.  You will find that when you are creating a question there is the ability to add a "Mapping" additional category to it.  You'll further find there is a Mapping sub-category within the How-To board.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Re: Is the Map Your World Forum Still in Existance?

Thank you, @Flash,

I actually did see and read that announcement back around the time it was published -- and I just reread it now.  FWIW the (significant, IMNHO) change to the Mapping Your World forum wasn't covered in the announcement and I found it nonintuitive to get information from the home page.

Certainly my having a bookmark to the 1.0 version didn't help matters ; )  On that note it appears that I am unable to bookmark directly to the Mapping subforum of "How To" -- which would be definite GUI plus for users like me, rather than have to navigate to "HowTo" and then to "Mapping".   'jus my cent-cent worth.

Thankfully you were available to make a clear explanation (as always).