HiroyukiTakisawa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Introduce yourself as a Street View photographer

写真   Google フォト (1).png

On the Local Guides Connect, there is the Street View trusted photographer(SVtp) board that can access only trusted photographers. On these boards, a lot of expert photographers are discussing technical issues or tips.

The general local guides cannot access the board currently, but I think they want to know what SVtps are doing and how fun the activity. And I guess SVtps also hope to let them know the charm and increase new SV photographers to share their experience and knowledge.

Let’s introduce your Street View experiences and yourself as a Street View photographer. And if you have a question, feel free asking and enjoy conversation with them.

1. Location: Iwate, Japan
  2. Devices: RICOH THETA S, THETA V, Google Pixel2, Camera mounted helmet and Mount device for a car
  3. The reasons why I started to take the Street Views:
    At the first time, I took a 360-degree photo by NEXUS 5X at an old bridge. I surprised and impressed it. After that, I bought a THETA S and took 360-degree photos, and finally, I was given a THETA V from Local Guides Team on Connect Live. Thanks to their strategy, I became a bit deeply Street View Photographer now.
  4. My favorite own Street View or 360-degree photo:
    Sunday River Bridge in ME, USA
    This is the starting point to start taking Street Views like I wrote above. And this bridge was a place of our wedding ceremony:-)
  5.  Comment: 
    Street View is not just a photo of the roads. Anyone can share beautiful scenes each season and the view of all around you. In addition, you can easy to describe the inside of the buildings by the only one photo. What do you think about this fact? Yes, this is absolutely fun!

Please share your introduction with us. And I'm glad if you invite your Street View photographer friends.

@kumax_aomori @potaro67 @Anonymous @LucioV @YasumiKikuchi @ken_jp @Shirley @IlankovanT @Yotaroh @YasuhikoN 

[Japanese]
SV撮影はローカルガイドとして非常に楽しい活動の1つですが、SVtpボードが分けられている関係もあってかなかなかその魅力が伝わりにくいのではないかと思っています。1つの写真で建物の中を紹介したり、周囲の情報全てを伝えることのできる360度写真はストリートビューとして非常に価値ある情報です。そしてそれだけではなく、仲間たちと集合写真を撮るための最高のツールの1つでもあります。

是非より多くの人にこの魅力を知ってもらえたらと思っています。ストリートフォトグラファーとしてSV撮影の魅力を伝えてみましょう。もちろん記入は日本語で構いません。

1. Location(地域):
  2. Devices(機種):
  3. The reasons why I started to take the Street Views(SV撮影を始めたきっかけ):
  4. My favorite own Street View or 360-degree photo(自分の撮った中でお気に入りのSV写真):
  5. Comment(一言): 

Iwate, Japan
10 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Introduce yourself as a Street View photographer

Great idea @HiroyukiTakisawa. I am sure that just like me, Local Guides will be interested in this different introduce yourself post!

Thank you! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @Ivi_Ge
I'm expecting a lot of local guides have interest and enjoy 360-degree photos with us through this post in the future:-)

Connect Moderator

@KOBAYASHI_Junさんをタグ付けしそこねるとは、失礼しました。

また、こちらの方々にも是非見てほしいと思いましたので追加でタグ付けさせていただきます。

@norikoo @Izumi @Anzu @TsukuruTamaki @Christine_T @GMB_Omachi 

Level 10

Nice idea @HiroyukiTakisawa! Eventually this will not be archived each month!!!

1. Location: Rome, Italy - but I've done some jobs on assignment in France, Malta, Kazakhstan and UK
  2. Devices: DSLR (Nikon D500-D300) + Sigma 8mm, Ricoh Theta S (Solt), iPhone 7 + SV, Garmin VIRB 360,  D500 + 17-55 for Gigapano, DJI Mavic Pro
  3. The reasons why I started to take the Street Views: I was a professional photographer (Movie Set still photographer) but I was looking for an extra income due to my divorce (2011). I already was a "local guide" uploading photos to Panoramio and started to do some 360 in late 2013
  4. My favorite own Street View or 360-degree photo: One of my best aerial 360 ever 

Schermata 2018-08-28 alle 11.22.15.png

1. Comment: I'm enrolled in the program since 2013, and I was active in sharing techniques and tips to SV and Local Guides since the beginning. I've been invited to the first three SVT summits, and attended Amsterdam and San Francisco. Along with my friend and collegue Kiko I've mapped the Half Dome trail
Connect Moderator

Thank you @LucioV!

Your photos are always beautiful and creative!

You are a Sensei of all SV photographers:-)

Level 10

Level 7

初めて投稿させていただきます。よろしくお願いします。
  1. Location: Yokohama, Japan
  2. Devices: DSLR(Canon 80D) +Canon EF 8-15 mm
  3. SV撮影を始めたきっかけ : 11年前に360度パノラマに興味を持ち撮影を始めました。ストリートビューに投稿できるようになり撮影のモチベーションが上がり撮影を続けています。
    投稿数628枚で57,000,000回の閲覧をしていただきました。
  4. 自分の撮った中でお気に入りのSV写真): 横浜港シンボルタワー20319832609_4fe1961a36_h.jpg
  5. Comment(一言):特に夕方から夜の撮影が好きでほとんどがその時間帯です。
    こちらにパノラマ写真を掲載しています。https://www.flickr.com/photos/drachen/
Connect Moderator

@akiyoshiさん

はじめまして、こんにちは。今回貼っていただいたものに加え他の写真も見させていただきましたが、どれも非常にきれいですね!と思って機材を見たら納得しました。私はTHETAとスマホによる撮影のみですが、いろいろと勉強させてもらえると嬉しいです。是非これからも宜しくお願いします!

日本人ローカルガイドも結構いらっしゃいますので、是非交流していって下さい:-)

Level 9

Hi @HiroyukiTakisawa, thanks for tagging me! This is a great way to get to know others who are also street view photographers! So let me join in on the introductions as well! 

1. Location:  Vancouver, Canada
  2. Device: Ricoh Theta V
  3. The reasons why I started to take the Street Views:
    For me, I've tried to take some 360/panoramic photos before with my phones ever since it was possible on an Android device but it often took a lot of me turning around and getting dizzy to do them so I didn't do it often. Luckily, I received one from the Local Guides team at Connect Live this year, which I'm grateful for, so I decided to check it out to see what I can do. The first few photos I took were a bit further south from San Francisco along the California coast line and then I saw many others starting to mount their devices on their helmets for cycling and cars and wondered what else I can do with mine. Eventually, I mounted mine on my snowboarding helmet and this was the outcome.
  4. My favorite own Street View or 360-degree photo:
    This is one of my favourite photos from my recent trip to the mountains.
  5. Comment: 
    I am definitely still learning more and more about street view and 360 photos and videos. Along with virtual reality, this is definitely another way to show others some of the places around the world. And I can't agree with you more Hiroyuki, it's been a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to going to the mountains some more in the next few months with my camera! 

Thanks again for tagging and including me! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!