NadyaPN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — September 2018

Who I am - Paul from England but I've lived in Indonesia for over a decade and love it

What am I? I worked as a teacher for many years but now work as a consultant for an NGO.

What brought me to Indonesia? A lady, of course. Married, 2 kids (The food is a great bonus)

Hobby. Wandering around Indonesia with a camera (Fred went a wandering - google it)

Favourite colour - I'm a dude so don't care

Favourite clothesI'm a dude so don't care

Favourite phone - Samsung C9 Pro (Nice camera, loads of memory and fast like crazy)

Camera - A lovely Canon compact with 40X optical zoom (Easy to carry but takes a very reasonable photo) 

Why did I bother becoming a guide? Sort of extend my hobby and I wanted to give others the chance to see things nobody else bothers to mention or snap a picture of.

Fun facts about me - I'm an ex biker with a weird idea or million. Ordinary is boring to when someone tells be of a tourist place I walk the other way and find a rubbish dump to photograph. My stuff isn't pro but it tells a story of street life in Indonesia. The new job will involve some travel so I'm hoping to get a little snapping time in other areas of the country.

Level 10

Bls: Introduce Yourself — September 2018

Selamat datang @AgusDwianto

Di Local Guides Connect

Terima kasih sudah bergabung, dan silahkan memperkenalkan diri di thread Forum-Perkenalan-Local-Guides-Indonesia agar mudah dikenal oleh para LG Indonesia, untuk daerah semarang bisa berdiskusi tentang LG dan Maps dengan mas @Shafigh_Lontoh

PaDeSSo - Bandung

Level 8

Say Hello

Halo sobat..😁

Level 6

1. Name: Matheny Ville (Most people just call me Matt)

2. Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

3. What I Love About Being A Local Guide: Every contribution you make, whether big or small, wrong street name or correcting business hours literally helps out thousands of people every day. You're directly involved in helping people find out where to go

4. My Favorite Thing To Explore: My own city. I like discovering new places about my city I never knew existed 

5. Fun Fact About Me: I named my daughter Vitani after the lion cub from the movie Lion King 2, Scar's daughter 34689908_970100663163896_7941901491063750656_n.jpg

The MatMan
Level 6

Introduce Yourself - Malaysia September 2018

Let me start with, I didnt know there was a community for Local Guides. I have been diligently contributing in Google Maps specifically in Malaysia. Well now I know, it is going to be very interesting to share with all of you the wonders of Malaysia! Well with that I think I have to travel more around KL. So following the trends, I am not so sure yet on how to do the thread so made a new post!

1. Name: Azman Samer

2. Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I just love to help other people get the preview of the place that they'll be heading to. I'll try my best to describe the place, and post some pictures. I prioritise people and place. Not so much on food. But if the place has a good or bad food, I'll review.

4. My favourite thing to explore: Culture, people and Structures. I'm an engineer can't help it with amazing structures.

5. Fun Fact about me: I was a shy kid, no longer am I, I am creating a movement called The Confident Movement. I play music and do magic. like pooof. Hey Follow me on my instagram: @azmansummer

IMG_8366 (1).JPG

The Confident Movement
Google Moderator

Re: Local Guide Forum

Hi @Bestie99,

Welcome to Connect and nice to meet you!

I just wanted to let you know that Local Guides is a global community of explorers sharing their discoveries on Google Maps. You can help others find the best spots in town, make new friends, and unlock exclusive benefits along the way.

Connect is also a place to get to know other Local Guides, plan activities, share your stories, give feedback and more.

Since you're new to the community, you might want to tell us more about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic where I'm moving your post.

For more tips on how to enjoy and navigate Connect, you can read What makes a good post? and Tips: Using Local Guides Connect.

See you around!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Bls: Introduce Yourself — September 2018

1. Name: Rudyasho
  2. Location: Makassar, South Sulawesi, Indonesia
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: As I am someone who finds a lot of pleasure in eating out and travellingprefer taking educated how to growing villagers resource.
  4. My favorite thing to explore: I am super interested in different cultures. I’m especially fascinated by the differences and similarities in people’s habits from all over the world. Things I like learning about are how they communicate, eat, have fun etc.
  5. Fun Fact about me: Knowledge Management Enthusiast
Reody Rustam
Level 5

Nice

Former Google Contributor

Re: Introduce Yourself - Malaysia September 2018

Hi @azmansummer and welcome to the official Local Guides community called Connect!

I really enjoyed reading your introduction and also I wanted to give a thumbs up for the The Confident Movement. 🙂 Just note that I moved your post to this month's Introduce yourself thread, as it is dedicated for these type of posts.

P.S.: Our spam filters are pretty sensitive which may explain the reason for quarantine. Also, we try to keep our users on Connect as much as possible. Since you linked to your Instagram account, this could have triggered the action as well.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself - Malaysia September 2018

Hey @KlaudiyaG thank you so much for reading my post and thanks for moving it to the thread. I see it's my second post here in Local Guides. Amazing, i'll keep note on my next posting here so I dont trigger the spam filter. Thanks KlaudiyaG. 

The Confident Movement