TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Introduce Yourself - March 2018

Hello, hello everyone!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check past threads, like February's, to see who recently joined and where they’re from (simply search for "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your “I'm new” or “Hello world” posts. We’ll merge any posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

I'll start...

1. Name: Traci
  2. Location: New York City (Brooklyn, to be exact)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Sharing my explorations with the world, to help them to make better decisions and honestly, because I love learning from all of you both in Google Maps and here in Connect about the world I have yet to see!
  4. My favorite thing to explore: When I look back at my past year of travels, I have to say that the key themes are National Parks (so the great outdoors) as well as places where I can have a really beautiful view of the area I’m visiting.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I’ve been writing reviews on Google Maps since 2011 and my photo with the most views is from Google Toronto, contributed in 2016.

Caption: Selfie of me in Lake Mead National Recreation AreaCaption: Selfie of me in Lake Mead National Recreation Area

Your turn!

Oh and I’ll add that if you’re new to Connect, please check out these tips for getting around. 🙂  

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
1,941 comments
Level 7

Hello local guide france paris

Hellô frieand's and brother and sister I am new local guide in Paris I love photography nurture beautiful  

Harjapsingh
Level 5

Greetings from Clinton in Otago, New Zealand...

1. Name: Xavier
  2. Location: Clinton, Otago, New Zealand (originally Motueka)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love being a Local Guide because I enjoy travel and helping other travellers. I have lived overseas for many years and am relatively well travelled. I also know about 98% of New Zealand.  My knowledge allows me to share many beautiful places with others who would normally not ‘see’ such places or experience beauty.
  4. My favourite place globally is Amsterdam: I have visited and explored Amsterdam at least a dozen times in 40 years. Each time to go exploring you discover new things and places, sometimes sadly just after leaving, local knowledge is simply the best. I love exploring away from the main ‘tourist areas’, whether overseas or the isolated back tracks/routes of New Zealand and am happy to share. 
  5. Some facts about myself: I am a Professional Photographic Artist, of 50+ years experience but in recent decades done the ‘academic thing’, exhibited, researched and published in the global queer arena. Yes I am Gay. Also an adoptee and progeny of blood family incest (need to mention this as to not, condones the action).
Level 8

From The Land Of Smile! Wink

Introduce Yourself - February 2018
  1. Name: Shaou
  2. Location: Bangkok
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I can share all the places and countries were I been, be able to encourage everybody to start their travelling and can begin to acheaper place that you don't need to be rich just to travel and most of all to meet new friends here to local Guide
  4. Fun Fact about me:Cray cray traveler
Level 8

1. Name: Afkar Maliki
  2. Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Love to share about places I've gone, things I ate, etc. not only about the good also a bad thing of it. So people who gonna go or visit to the same place I've been will know or at least get prepared to it. Best way to know the place is get to know the locals!   
  4. My favorite thing to explore: Places with food/eateries
  5. Fun Fact about me: Have fun in sport as well.
Level 7

Let's Get Together

Hai semua.

Perkenalkan saya abidin dari surabaya.

Untuk anggota Local Guides.

Kita Buat Grup W.a. Yuk..

Yang Minat silahkan Japri.

Saya masukkan GRUP LOCAL GUIDE COMMUNITY.

Kontak.   :

[REDACTED]

Terima Kasih.:-) 

Level 5

Introduce my self

Hello guys..

My name Jimmy

I'm stay in Denpasar-Bali

caontact me if u need some advice for your vacation in bali

m - [REDACTED]

Level 2

1. Name: Valerie
2. Location: Manila, Philippines
3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I feel my sense of purpose when I'm able to share my ideas about anything, especially the places, food, culture, etc., about the Philippines and some other countries that I've been that can (hopefully) help other locals and tourists exploring the areas.
4. My favorite thing to explore: Like most people, I do love traveling, and my favorite thing to explore is to find some amazing but hidden spots, food, activities which most tourists don't know, or haven't tried it.
5. Fun Facts about me: I'm a corporate trainer, and one of the perks about it is to travel within my country (Philippines), and my birthday month is March! 😄My last month's escapade in Baler, Aurora, PhilippinesMy last month's escapade in Baler, Aurora, Philippines

Connect Moderator

• Name: Naresh Darji
  • Professional GIS Analyst

Mapping is my passion and also as a professional GIS analyst its my daily work.

PSX_20180301_113721.jpg

• What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to giving right information to Google Maps that can help Millions of people .
  • I love to share: I love to add and edit places. Wherever I go I try to use "Check the Facts" and look for missing information. I love to share photos so that other people can see the world through my eyes.
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: wherever I travel use the Google maps so maps asked me about the reviews and ratings. Then I released that its a good platform to explore the world and meet genius people's who doing same thing like me.

PSX_20180301_113414.jpg

Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover new Places & local foods everywhere. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 3

Re: From The Land Of Smile! Wink

@Julsgoodjob wrote:
Introduce Yourself - February 2018
  1. Name: Shaou
  2. Location: Bangkok
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I can share all the places and countries were I been, be able to encourage everybody to start their travelling and can begin to acheaper place that you don't need to be rich just to travel and most of all to meet new friends here to local Guide
  4. Fun Fact about me:Cray cray traveler