KatieMcBroom's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself - July 2021

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check past threads, like June’s, to see who recently joined and where they’re from (simply search for "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your “I'm new” or “Hello world” posts. We’ll merge any posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

I’ll go first!

rsz_img_4985.jpgrsz_img_4985.jpg

1. Name: Katie
  2. Location: New York, NY
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Connecting with interesting people around the world and learning about new places to explore.
  4. My favorite thing to explore: Anything near water! I grew up near the beach in Florida and I really love natural springs, too.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I used to work at Disney World!

And in honor of Connect’s 5th birthday celebration that we just kicked off today, I wanted to also share one of my favorite memories from my participation with the Local Guides community! When I first started working on Connect with the Local Guides team, I was invited by @TraciC to @PaulPavlinovich's meet-up, part of his “36 Walk” series, where we explored the Highline near the Google office in New York City. We were prompted to take exactly 36 photographs which is actually much more difficult than it sounds! It was a fun challenge to be more mindful about the shots I was taking. I was originally hesitant about going because it looked a little rainy outside, but I ended up meeting such amazing people and having so much fun, so I’m happy I went. This is one of my favorite early memories of my participation in the program.

Now it’s your turn! Tell me about you and introduce yourself to the community in the comments below.

1,355 comments
Level 6

Re: گردشگری

سلام دوست خوب گوگل مپ من و ناظر همیشه حاضر در صحنه.تشکر از اینکه پست بنده را به عنوان عضو کوچک از مجموعه بزرگ خودتان ملاحظه کردید 🙏حمید رئیسی کارشناس طب سنتی حکیم ابوعلی سینا از ایران  

IMG_۲۰۲۱۰۵۲۷_۰۸۰۷۰۳.jpg

Level 8

Re: Your guide to Connect

Hola con la mejor y buena vibraaaa para todos mi nombre es Cesar Rodríguez roncesar705 fotógrafo mexicano, gracias por la invitación a este blog y comentarles qué si están de visita o vacacionando por Guadalajara con gustó puedo ayudarles con direcciónes,referencias, citios y demás sin ningún problema muchas gracias bendiciones 🙏 salu2. Photomodelclas Google maps .. cesarron360

Level 8

Hello

1. Name: Majd
  2. Location: Jordan
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love it when Google Local guide gives me a notification that someone has benefited from a place I added or something I did on Google Maps.
  4. My favorite thing to explore: Anything that is useful to others, I love to explore.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I discovered Google Local guide by accident.

14322316_1181848055205314_2502940038221164655_n.jpg

Connect Moderator

Re: Hello

Hi @Majd-alkhwaldeh 

Welcome to Connect. Nice to meet you

The best place for introduction is here. A new intro thread for July should appear today. 

Cheers

Morten 

Level 8

Thanks dude.

Level 9

@Majd-alkhwaldeh . Don't worry you are in a right place called The Google. Here you will be appreciated and not demoralised. Just enjoy

Level 5

Treinamento de Equipe de Alta Performace

A minha realização é em treinar profissionais de alto rendimento. Estar em sala de aula, seja no ambiente universitário ou corporativo, trazem um prazer que não possível descrever.TreinandoTreinando

Wagner Castro
Level 4

Re: Your guide to Connect

Hello  mon non ses abdoulaye Diallo je suis de nationalité Bissau guinéen 

Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - July 2021

@KatieMcBroom . thanks for sharing. My is Durojaiye Olatunde. from Lagos Nigeria.am a local guide.level 8.am very active in community as a local guide.this is favorite place I visit in this month of July. I visit my friend place in lekki jakande Lagos .as my favorite place in this month of July.

IMG_20210624_175103_036.jpg

IMG_20210624_175130_067.jpg

IMG_20210624_175023_691.jpg

 this is caption of the place I visit in victory park estate in jakande lekki Lagos Nigeria.

durojaiyeolatunde10gmail.com