Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - part 2

Hey everyone! I was supposed to sleep two hours earlier, But I'm here with my eyes wide open; Cause I'm super excited! 😄

1. Name: Fahim
  2. Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love so many things about being a local guide. I love to share photos and check how many people are seeing them. One other fancy thing that I extremely in love with is; From "Your Contribution" option, you can see the place you've reviewed pinned with a red color pin. I like to zoom out at a point at which I can see the whole map of my country and I check which part of the country I've already been to and which part is left for visiting. One of the dreams of my life is to cover my whole country, and eventually the entire planet earth with those red pins. Being a local guide constantly inspiring me to fulfill that dream of mine. 🙂
  4. I love to share: I love to share written review and photos. I mostly love to share landscapes. I also love to share fancy facts about places that I think other people wouldn't notice. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I can't remember! Most probably through Google Maps mobile app or through mail. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love cats, I love dogs, I love all other animals. Two of my favorite thing is the Rain and the Moon. I really wish I'll be able to look the full moon somehow while it's raining cats and dogs! At least once in my life. 🙂

I'm feeling in a weird way that some of the most exciting experience of my life will come through this community. Please world! Make my feelings true! 🙂
Level 7

Hi Shakeel!
Hopefully we will visit India next year!

@mohammeds wrote:

Hi ZacS

I am shakeel from new delhi India, wants to invite you to travel in india

--------------------------------------------------------------

Afiur RahmanF wrote: 
  1. Name: Fahim
  2. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love so many things about being a local guide. I love to share photos and check how many people are seeing them. One other fancy thing that I extremely in love with is; From "Your Contribution" option, you can see the place you've reviewed pinned with a red color pin. I like to zoom out at a point at which I can see the whole map of my country and I check which part of the country I've already been to and which part is left for visiting. One of the dreams of my life is to cover my whole country, and eventually the entire planet earth with those red pins. Being a local guide constantly inspiring me to fulfill that dream of mine. 🙂

Fahim, This is an awesome goal. I hope you can reach it too. It will take time and effort, but it will be an amazing goal.

I look back at the past 9 months of my travels, and I realise that I could spend months reviewing the places I've been. It also makes me sad that for many of the countries I visited, I didn't have any data..and I had my phone in Airplane mode; so no locations were recorded. Oh well, I'll catch up

Location HistoryLocation History

Level 6

Oh my GOD! 

You have those yellow stars speard almost all over the world! Makes me jelous! 😁

I don't want to die before traveling the world. The way I feel is: Being born in country is like getting a book as a precious gift from your creator with a specific page opened up before your eyes. And dying without travelling the world is like dying without turning any pages of that book which holds all the beauty and everything precious from the creator.

Sometime I feel like It's impossible for a people to travel the whole world. But people like you is my inspiration. 🙂 I've downloaded your picture. I'll see it from time to time to motivate myself.

I'm just at the first step of my journey. Thanks for your reply. It really made me feel amazing. Best of luck for you with covering the planet under red pins and yellow stars. 🙂 🙂

Screenshot (15).png

Level 1

hi there... my name is ron, aka maddogron...  i am very interested in this thread and let me introduce myself.  I am a hopi/navajo american, i served in the US army in the infantry, i have 2 degrees in air conditioning and electronics.  i live in casa grande arizona and i am getting ready to start my next half of my life by traveling.  i am divorced father of 3 wonderful kids and i am getting ready to buy a motorcycle to begin my journey around this planet.  it is great to meet you!

Former Google Contributor

1. Name: Jessica
  2. Location: New York, NY
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that I can travel anywhere, whether in my own city or in a brand new place and when I turn to Google Maps I can get trustworthy tips from other Local Guides around the world.  I also love sharing my experiences with all of you.
  4. I love to share: I love to share food! Nothing beats a group meal where you get to try everything! I also love to share photos from a great meal and restaurant tips. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I work at Google and heard of Local Guides from my fabulous co-workers!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I grew up babysitting the kids of the New Jersey Devils hockey team - Stanley cup champions in 1995.  I studied in Rome and travel to Italy at least twice a year and learned Italian along the way. I plan to return later this year with my black Havanese dog - you can find him on social media under the name Zico the Dog. 
Level 3

Hello Fahim - You need to go to Jamacia, I saw the a full moon and rain at the same time in Ochos Rios.

Also, very common to see rain in full sun. Jamacia is lovely.

EnJOY your life!

Ward T.

Level 6

Seriously! I I can't believe it! I always thought It doesn't exist! This is a real big information for me. This only means, I'm gonna have to add a new life goal to visit Jamaica for witnessing rain in the moon 😊

This is the beauty of local guides, you see? I just joined yesterday and today I've learned something that's gonna have a huge impact on me.

I can't thank you enough! Thanks-a-Zillion! 🙂 Have a nice day and you too enjoy your life to the fullest. 🙂 Be sure to look me up when you visit Bangladesh. 🙂

Level 10

Re: say, hello

Привет из Санкт-Петербурга и от всей России!

Efimov Pavel
Level 3

Fahim,

When you go to Jamacia make sure the moon will be full when you are there!!! In life timing matters.

Bright blessings upon you and your dreams!!!

A visit to Bangladesh is not likely as I own and run a business, but ALL things ARE possible!

Ward T. - edinborocreations.com

Level 7

1. Name: Hákon
  2. Location: Kópavogur (close to Reykjavik) Iceland
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide:
    Google Maps has been of great help to me while I am travelling and I travel a lot. So it is great to be able to improve the service.
  4. I love to share: I like to take photos and share them!
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Not sure
  6. Facts About Me:
    This is my Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/hakonagustsson/
    Some of my websistes/startups: 
    Free Photos: http://www.imagefree.com/
    Tweet Alerts - Like Google Alerts but for Twitter: https://www.mytweetalerts.com/
    http://www.myfreeocr.com/ - Convert an image to text (OCR)
    Quotes about Photography - www.PhotoQuotes.com
    Stock photo website: http://www.imageree.com/

Hakon
https://www.MyTweetAlerts.com