BellaWi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself - February 2017

Hello @MaggieF Nice to meet you.

I am very excited that next month my husband and I will be cruising along the Great Barrier Reef, Sydney to Sydney, and stopping off and seeing some of the cities along the way. My first time to Australia.

Being allergic to most foods sounds quite challenging when looking for what and where to eat. 

Level 2

Name: Gabe
What I love about being a Local Guide: Helping people who are looking for reviews on Google Maps. I can share my personal experiences. I've written enough reviews to get to Level 2, and I'm curious about what happens if I keep leveling up. I also love the sense of community through Local Guides Connect. It's really cool to talk with other people like BellaW. People who are all the way across the world. People who care enough about humanity to spend time writing about the things they love, and sharing it for all to see.
I love to share: I can't think of anything 
How did I hear about local guides: A notification popped up on my phone, and I opened it to find out what it was. After reading the description, I figured I'd give it a try.
Fun fact about me: I make an effort to spend some time every day doing at least one thing that I love. And it makes each day living on earth a special day.
@BellaW wrote:
The "IntroduceYourself" threads (you can find Dec 2016 and Jan 2017) get really long so we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from. If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. 

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Bella 
  2. Location: Singapore (originally from Jakarta, Indonesia)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Not only I can help others in finding the right places to go but also meeting fellow explorers around the globe.  I always love the local insights shared by Local Guides about their city. Thanks to our Taipei's Local Guides and @YK1001, I have new favorite coffeeshop in Taipei (and I bought the beans back home). 🙂
  4. I love to share: It is hard to choose, I love to share everything. But I always starts by taking photos (while waiting for my order) then move on to writing reviews.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I became a Local Guides in 2015 and joined this awesome team in 2016. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: For unknown reason, my friends always ask my help to open their water bottles/jam jars (maybe my success rate is higher). 😛

Now it's your turn.

Bella-100.jpg

Level 3

1. Nombre:  Jesús Canales
  2. Lugar:  Perú (originalmente de Huacho, Lima - Perú)
  3. ¿Qué es lo que me gusta de ser un guía local: Es impresionante conocer muchas personas de distintos lugares de nuestro planete, he allí la razón de ser un Local Guides, conocer personas, conocer lugares y sobre todo poder compartir también los hermosos lugares e historia de mi país. Mi carrera está ligada siempre al tema de la tecnología eso complementa y me entusiasma más estar en este medio.
  4. Me encanta compartir:  Es difícil elegir, me encanta compartir todo. Pero siempre empieza por tomar fotos, me gusta hacer fotos pienso que a través de ella se muestra valiosa información.
  5. ¿Cómo me entero de guías locales:  Me convertí en un Guías locales en 2015 y acabo de unirme  a este grupo en el presente año 2017. 
  6. Dato curioso Acerca de mí:  Siempre tengo a mano dispositivos tecnológicos, autodidacta en diversos temas pero siempre conduciéndolos a la tecnología, me encanta compartir conocimiento de allí proviene mi carrera principal que es la docencia, dependiente extremo de internet y las redes sociales

Distrito de San Antonio, Cañete, Lima - PerúDistrito de San Antonio, Cañete, Lima - Perú

Level 5

Name: JIBANANANDA GHOSH 

What do I love about being a Local Guide:  I think it's the best possible way to discuss your knowledge of the places you visit everyday or have visited before. I feel surprising when I see my posted pictures is helping millions. I've added lots of places undiscovered but beautiful and peaceful.  When people go through the way they try to visit that place like temple,  mosque,  natural creations etc.

It's also time saving to find exact location immediately. 

I love to share: I love to share that there I've posted lots of pictures which anyone can find from America or Britain or Australia or anywhere from the world. It's the most beautiful thing that anyone from the world can get details of any places maybe they're unable to reach that.

And yes my personal score card is full of points and views it's about 5057 points and have 3717 pictures and over 3 million visitors.

How did I hear about Local Guides: When I started to make contribution on maps I have received a notification to be a local guides. Then I know about Local guides Program

Fun Fact About Me: Being a Sales Manager I need to travel all around, so easily access the places around with my job.....

Local guide program is really awesome.. 

DSC_2950.jpg

_20170119_154230.JPG

Okay, thanks everyone my friends who's reading this discussion.... 

Level 7

Hello @MarieP nice to meet you

Well my favorite place in Mumbai is ISKCON Temple Juhu

https://goo.gl/maps/YmCcBy1G9B32

Level 2

Hi 

I am Nick was born in POland now living in the UK, that is me pulling your Leg. I was born in London and now live in Hampshire.

Level 2

Hi all!  I'm Chrissie, the mother of two young boys, my husband aND I own a business that requires some travel...so I do the guide thing to help others. 

Level 2

Good to hear there are other people watching this community I hope it is a good one.

Level 4

hi

I am kayum and I can't talk to my self .  so don't mind  and don't mind 

Level 4

1. Nombre:  Juan Manuel
  2. Lugar:  Mendoza, Argentina
  3. ¿Qué es lo que me gusta de ser un guía local: Que le puedo mostrar a la gente que no conoce Mendoza, lugares para visitar y tener en cuenta cuando decidan conocer esta parte de la Argentina. Y obvio sus vinos y paisajes!!!
  4. Me encanta compartir:  Fotos y algún comentario del lugar que estoy compartiendo.
  5. ¿Cómo me entero de guías locales:  Empece con Google Maps corrigiendo algunos lugares y me fue llevando el programa con mas y mas cosas. Me gusta!!!
  6. Dato curioso Acerca de mí:  Al trabajar sobre el auto y en comercio, es que puedo brindar datos de supermercados y lugares aledaños de Mendoza y San Juan.

IMG-20160425-WA0032.jpegIMG-20160425-WA0063.jpg