AngieYC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Introduce Yourself — December 2023

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check previous threads, like November's, to see who recently joined and where they’re from. We’ll merge any “I’m new” and “Hello world” posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

Do you want to be featured in our monthly Introduce Yourself posts? Share your introduction in the comments, following the five prompts below, and a horizontal photo of yourself (in landscape mode). We will select one of the best introductions and include it in our next month’s post. Please note: Your response may be edited for clarity. By taking part in this challenge, you agree to allow us to share your answers and photo(s) publicly here on Connect.

This month, meet @Ismi_Choirunnisa! Ismi is a Local Guide Level 8, and here’s what she shared.

Caption: A photo of Ismi smiling in De Djawatan Forest in Banyuwangi, East Java, Indonesia. (Local Guide @Ismi_Choirunnisa)Caption: A photo of Ismi smiling in De Djawatan Forest in Banyuwangi, East Java, Indonesia. (Local Guide @Ismi_Choirunnisa)1. Name: Ismi Choirunnisa

2. Location: Banyuwangi, East Java, Indonesia

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Recommending iconic places and places to eat.

4. My favorite thing to explore: New places that not many people know about and must-try places to eat in certain areas.

5. Fun fact about me: I really like traveling, eating, and hunting for hidden gem restaurants. Apart from that, I like to explore local culture and showcase the local wisdom.

Nice to meet you, Ismi! Local Guides, don’t miss the chance to say hi to Ismi in the comments below and share your introduction, too.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Banyuwangi, Banyuwangi Regency, East Java, Indonesia
135 comments
Level 7

Joining this forum for the first time

Thank you for having me!

As one of local guide staying in Lombok, I’ll focus on describing how beautiful Lombok is. 

Level 10

Re: Joining this forum for the first time

Dear @prantidwiastuti 

you are welcome to connect. 

This article  will help you navigate around here and also guide you. 

Connect Moderator

Re: Introduce Yourself — December 2023

Hi @Ismi_Choirunnisa

It's nice to meet you, another Local Guide from Indonesia. Maybe you will already know fellow Indonesians @NunungAfuah, @indahnuria, @BudiFXW, @PaDeSSo, @mbmuhlison and of course there are many others.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 9

Introduce yourself

michael-shannon-iFjxkcNL-cI-unsplash.jpg

Trust yourself to make good decisions for yourself

From the beginning till the end of the year, you should run according to your target. 

Level 9

Local guide community

michael-shannon-iFjxkcNL-cI-unsplash.jpg

 I have been associated with Google Map's local guide for many years. My local guide is also level 9. 

My Instagram - @_mrkashyap_ 

Connect Moderator

Re: Introduce Yourself — December 2023

Wow @AngieYC  

Thank you for this new thread of introduction here on connect. Happy December to you and the team 🙂.

Hello @Ismi_Choirunnisa 

Congratulations for this featuring for the month of December. I like your beautiful photo really. I also gathered from your introduction ypu are a foodie. Lol. I have lots of video s photos and reviews of nice places for food in any area I visit.

What's your Favorite dish I wonder? Just to know more about you.

Caption: A local African dish(Ghanaian) called Kenkey. Green pepper,tomatoes and a little spicy sauce with fried fish on the sideCaption: A local African dish(Ghanaian) called Kenkey. Green pepper,tomatoes and a little spicy sauce with fried fish on the side

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge

Connect Moderator

Re: Local guide community

Hello @_mrkashyap_ 

This photos of yours are very suitable for the introduction thread. I also saw that you have introduced yourself a little bit in your posts. For these reasons I have merged your posts here in the December introduction thread. This will also keep connect organised and introduction posts together in a thread.

Why not tell us more about yourself following the 5 prompts in the main introduction post.

Meanwhile I'll like to present you Welcome-to-Connect-Card.  An animated post designed to give a brief orientation course to anyone who wants to know more about connect. Nice to meet you and see you around on the platform.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge

Connect Moderator

Hello @prantidwiastuti 

A friendly welocme to local guides connect forum. We hope you will always enjoy connecting and interacting here on the forum. Please kindly introduce yourself following the prompts below with a cute photo of yourself if you like. Thanks 

Name: 

2. Location: 

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: 

4. My favorite thing to explore: 

5. Fun fact about 

meanwhile I'll like to present you with Welcome-to-Connect-Card.  It's an animated card written to educate new local guides on the forum. It also contains links to other posts on connect that might interest you and help you as you navigate connect. Nice to meet you and see you around on the platform.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge

Connect Moderator

Hi  @Ismi_Choirunnisa 

Nice to meet you.  

All the best

Morten