cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself — [December 2017]

1. Name: Ruben

2. Location: Amsterdam, Europe.

3. What I love about being a local guide: I really don't know. I'm just adding hindsight on places I've been and I hope it's helpful to people.

4. My favorite places to explore: Really getting back to New York City some day, cause I didn't  see all of it, but I feel at home there.

5. Fun fact about me: I'm boring as hell. I just work, train, eat and sleep and keep repeating that every day. I like to watch and read Sci-Fi and listen to old school Funk & Soul.

161.jpg

Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself — December 2017

Hello there, searched "local guides" on google yesterday, and i found this site, so i'm new in this thing. Accidentally i'm being a local guide because i reviewed and rated some places that i ever visited in my mobile apps, i love using google maps because it recorded my timeline day by day, and after reviewed and rated many places, that apps made me reached level 7. Apologize for my terrible english cause i'm a Javanese mother tongue, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Sepcha (you can call me sepka or kartodimedjo) - an Indonesia government employee in aviation thing
  2. Location: Surabaya, Indonesia (originally Munjungan, East Java)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Id love to share my thoughts about the place that i ever visited, help people to check the facts of a place, add some places that have a great food but it didnt published yet in maps.
  4. My favorite place to explore: Surabaya especially and the spreading airstrips in Indonesia

Terima kasih.

panoramic view of Gusti Sjamsir Alam Airpot (KBU) runway ,taken while on my duty 2 years agopanoramic view of Gusti Sjamsir Alam Airpot (KBU) runway ,taken while on my duty 2 years ago

@kartodimedjo - slmrckt
Level 10

Your bike mr. @JonasKL is very good and strong

Keep our healthy by bike riding

Level 10

Welcome mr @RubenMepschen to LG Connect Community

Keep Moving Forward

Best Wishes for Summit 2018

Level 10

Welcome mas @kartodimedjo to World LG Connect Family

We can share and help each other to reach best contributing and earn next level better

Matur suwun

Best wishes for Summit 2018

Level 9

its okay bro @YK1001  thank you very much :))

am very proud of our Connect moderators who work 24 hrs helping to moderate the local Guides community :)))

Level 9

very nice intro bro @JonasKL :)))))

keep smiling and keep contribution :))))

Level 9

welcome welcome @RubenMepschen :))))

now you have something to add to your routine Local guides Program :))))

Level 9

welcome bro @kartodimedjo , we have many many many amaazing brothers and sisters from INdonesia 

@MutiahA @FahmiAdimara @NunungAfuah @NurulRahma and of course the foodie from Surabaya @BudionoS :))))

@PaDeSSo @AgoesSantosa and many wonderful helpful , you are lucky living in such a beautiful country ,

Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself - December 2017

Dear @Briggs, hope all's well.

Amazing, yes, just wondering the other day when you started Local Guides, Briggs, guessed less than 12 months: zero to Level 10. Is that right?

As for NY resolutions, never set yet, probably never will. 🙂

As for 500,000 points in 2018, can we get in on that challenge, please? You win on photos. 📸

You're legendary, Briggs. Congrats on your new job, Zumba crew look awesome. Kind regards from Osaka78

PS We're picking up that 2017 was a huge year for you, with ups and downs. We'll always listen in case you want a chat on a rainy day, Briggs.

PPS Believe it or not, we do Maps 100% or 0%, which helps reduce pressure to always be up and helps you do more of what you love. Bolt walks sometimes 🙂

PPPS 3 words = Love Local Guides

@Briggs wrote:

Here's mine as an example. To start, allow me to introduce myself:

1. Caption: L to R: Myself, My Zumba Hero/Jammer Marlex, and my Zumba Mami Nina!Caption: L to R: Myself, My Zumba Hero/Jammer Marlex, and my Zumba Mami Nina!Name: Briggs (aka Reece, Prince, or any other name people tend to mishear)
  2. What I love about being a Local Guide: The fact that your small contributions and the way you help people in the smallest ways ripple out like the butterfly effect in extreme circumstances that is, don't underestimate your role!
  3. Three words to describe 2017 as a Local Guide and why:
    Adventure: All the time that I've spent walking around Sydney, all the meet-ups that I've met new people, ate food with, and even went down to a roadtrip 200km away, and north as well is all simply because of my love for the Local Guides Program and exploring.
    Challenge: It has been so difficult, with my life's circumstances changing. Especially with the current brouhaha with the algorithms and how I eventually had to quit my job. It's been a long and winding journey, but let me tell you it is completely worth it.
    Life-Changing: This year, asides from discovering the Local Guides program, everything changed. As I already pointed out, I quit my job for various reasons (mental especially), and I am now looking forward to pursuing my career as a fully qualified group fitness and Zumba instructor! Things are only bound to get better from here, and what a rollercoaster of a year 2017 was!
  4. My Local Guide New Year resolution for 2018 is: To reach 500,000 points (yes, that's five times the amount you need for Level 10), and to accrue 500 million views with at least 20,000 photos uploaded unto my Google Maps account. Yes that's right, I'm really going to challenge myself and prowess on stronger in the next year, especially with the Sydney Conquest. I also want a spot for the Local Guides Summit 2018, and some sort of trusted lead that I'm fervently working on, ever since Google Map Maker officially closed on March 31, 2017.
  5. Fun fact about me: I really like pineapples and mangoes. The sweetness and the smell that accompanies and denotes the presence of such fruits is exhilarating and it makes me feel really refreshed, so if you're looking for a gift, give me these. Hehe.

I wanna hear your New Year's resolutions and your three words to describe your local guides experience for 2017 too: @RonneBD@OSAMA@LucioV@Osaka78forTRUMP@AkmalB.

Also to whom it may concern, I hope you don't mind me posting this, as well as changing up the questions a bit as we wrap up this year for Local Guides Connect.