Wow, fantastic.

Wont it bite me?

😉 Cheers.

Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Untitled2.png

1. Name: Janice
  2. Location:Colorado Springs, CO, US
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Everyone I know, knows that I love eating, travelling, having an adventure, and enjoying an amazing drink. All my friends and family members will always come to be with questions about a new hotspot in town or recommendations for visitors and I've casually have done reviews for Google, Yelp, and others so I'm new to Local Guides but loving it so far! Also, selfishly, I look at reviews before I do anything so I find it kinda sad when I can't find proper reviews which is some motivation to give as good of reviews as I can. I'm also known to be thrifty at times, need to know how to eat good but cheap in a big city or a nice hostel to stay at? I'm your gal!
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Ohhhhh my gooodness! Is there a checkbox for all? I love different flavors, ways of cooking, and the love and passion that goes into it all. I kinda think I'm a connoisseur of street food and food trucks. Yes, they are amazing, and no, they're not going to make you poop yourself if you know what to look for. The great thing about street food is that you get small portions to be able to taste a few things and really get to experience the culture of an area through that kind of food. Is wine and delicious cocktails considered cuisine? Have you ever been to a wine or whiskey festival? Best. Thing. Ever!
  5. Fun Fact about me405726_2806664117989_1224316308_n.jpg: I quite enjoy volunteering, it's super fulfilling and have done so in other countries as well. Trying to make a positive impact on other humans, that's what it's all about, right? I tend to gravitate towards volunteer work that helps out kiddos and women that just need that self-confidence and support to know that they can do this thing called life. One of my besties runs an annual event called SlutWalk, which I'm heavily involved in and attend every year. If you don't know what's it's all about, come check it out! Because we're trying to break the very thing you're thinkin' of 😉 Check me out on IG: jqstar77 
Level 6

1. Name:  Kwamina 

2. Location: Accra, Ghana 

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I've always enjoyed taking pictures whenever I go out or discover new places with my friends. As a Local Guide, these pictures don't only create memories for me but also help someone else decide on the best places to go in town, and I like that very much. Also, I enjoy keeping track of my progress and i'm thrilled whenever I move from one level to another. 

4. How I found out about Local Guides:  A notification on my phone. 

5. Fun fact about me: I once took a picture of a cat as it was staring intently at me. It turned out surprisingly good ,and I couldn't stop admiring it. I even used it as my wallpaper. Even though I don't have it anymore, I still remember it very much.

Here's a picture of a mall I really love:West hills mall, Accra, GhanaWest hills mall, Accra, Ghana

Level 7

@jtstar77

Since you are new on the Community,

Please feel free to ask questions and engage with the Community.

Warm regards,

Billy Anderson.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 9

O me miserum. I can't seem to get this thing right. All l put in was why l like guiding  without a heading, who l was and a very vague location !. Ok l'm gonna try to emulate you bright sparks who get the layout and content right.

4) Cuisine l like to explore : and inhale !!  Indian . I dream of sambar, masala dosa pancakes, coconut relish and chilli dip. I love Roti filled with chole ( mispelt?) and pessaries naan bread. I love paneer with spinach. The list is endless. Also love Japanese ramen and sons noodles. In short l'm a messy eater so I'm attracted to street food, anything served in a deep dish, nothing formal.

5) For fun:  Hugging trees and people, energy healing .... The more people you hug in genuine respect, love and admiration the more healing occurs and the happier you'll be. Collecting crystals from all over the world, wearing them and using them to help others feel better about themselves. Walking in forests, on beaches and in wild environments. Writing poems, blogs but most of all people watching. You're all fascinating in your own unique way. 

Level 5

08082010033.jpg

Name: Julian

Location: Walsall, West Midlands --- originally from Ploiesti, România.

What I love about being a Local Guide: When I was in doubt about a place or I didn't know info's about something I was looking online about reviews and comments. Like this I've found this local guide thing 😁. Always tried to help others and LG gave me this chance. This my " why I love about being a local guide" .

My favourite cuisine: Well... This is tricky, simply because I enjoy a good meal and can be chinese, italian, you name it .. but nothing compares with a good steak and nice salad.

Fun fact about me: I'm a geek which works as a vehicle tech and cooks like a chef 😂

Connect Moderator

Re: Fuvad - Smile of Kerala

Congratulations! You have great achievements! Good luck!

Level 10

Hi @MoisanA @WendyK @SuzanneI

Welcome to Local Guides Connect community, which is called Connect! It's always nice to meet new people here.

Since you are new on the Community, I invite you to - 

Please feel free to ask questions and engage with the Community.

Warm regards,

Alexander

Level 8

Re: Fuvad - Smile of Kerala

Thank you @JaneBurunina for kind and inspiring words.. And welcome to connect.

Level 6

Thanks @Antoniolcrd

Lol the snake was very friendly and not venomous 😁