brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hello Everyone!

I am Nicole and I live in NYC and work as a fashion designer. I recently got married and have 3 kitties. I do crossfit and am very passionate about nutrition. I love to eat and cook healthy, and I am a master soup maker. 

New York is such an exciting place to live, and I love exploring and going to crazy new nooks and crannies of the city. I especially love finding some lesser know corners of the city, because New York has absolutely everything, from skyscrapers, to beaches, to world class breweries. 

My work brings me to all sorts of crazy places, from Minneapolis Minnesota, to Guangzhou China.

My husband and I love to travel and explore together. The only thing better than a life well lived is living it with your partner in crime. 

This is my first post but I have been lurking, reading, and attending Local Guides Meetups!

Level 6

19059790_1486544271408575_881780484367854976_n.jpg

Name: Zlata

About myself:I like to rummage through the Internet and find all the necessary and unnecessary information, find mistakes, correct them and admire your work. Without trips my life becomes boring, that's why i always try to travel, no matter where and when.

Being a Local Guide: to correct mistakes, add new information, be a pioneer in places where any expert has reached 😁

What I love to do: no matter what I do on the Internet, I need to search for something in parallel. I will not calm down until I find it. In my free time I travel. I like to visit places where I have not been yet. I like both gambling and calm in nature rest. I'm an urban person, it's hard for me to stay in the countryside for a long time. The city's lights are always calling and beckoning me.

Fact about me: I can not be forced to do something that I do not like, do not matter it's work or request from the relatives. I'm a very stubborn person. Hardworking and pedantic. If I am insterested in something, I will not rest until I achieve it.

Looking forward: meeting with you in October and our further cooperation in all directions.

Level 6

1. Hello Peoples,
    let me introduce myself please 🙂

1.Name: Denis Hoda
    2.About myself: I work as electro mechanic
    dfghj.jpg3. Location: Zlín, Czech Republic
    4.My hobbies: Motorbike, guns, traveling,foods
    5.My Favorite Places to review: Beaches, restaurants, shops, historical places
Level 5

Hello everyone!

I am a Guide, level 5 and am new to this forum.

Name: Lirong

IMG_0069a.jpg

1. LocationHong Kong, but a really recent import from Singapore
  2. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love Google maps and also love sharing tips on food, shops, and interesting places with my friends. I also travel a lot and I find Google Guides is an amazing way of organizing all this knowledge in one place and helping others. 
  3. My favorite cuisine to explore: I love all good food but I especially look out for vegetarian food. I recently met another Guide at a Google x Women in Tech event who had am amazing list of vegetarian restaurants in Hong Kong and we bonded over that. How amazing is that!
  4. Fun Fact about me: The same kind lady who shared her list of vegetarian restaurants told me she attended the Google Guides connect event last year and encouraged me to apply to it try to meet other like minded people, so here I am! I am an architect by training and am passionate about accessibility in the urban environment and would love to see how Google Maps will incorporate this layer of information into their maps.
Level 6

berliini2016_102-99.JPG

Hello Beautiful Guides 

1. Name: Moustafa

2. Location: Doha, Qatarthough I’m originally from, Luxor, Egypt

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I’m known for being an outdoor person who usually likes to travel and hang out a lot( almost everyday ), and most of my friends whenever they wanna know where to go or from where they can buy stuff they usually refer back to me, i have been working as a tour guide back home in Egypt, and then i moved to Qatar working in Aviation, both jobs gave me the chance to move around and fly a lot to new destinations, i love sharing my personal experiences, being a local guide was a great chance to deliver that, being a traveler means Google Maps will be one of the main applications you will refer to whenever you are in a new city because it's more liable than to ask the pedestrians in the streets who might guide you to the wrong directions, editing and adding new sports to the map was one of my favorite thing to do to help others to experience the most of the cities, and i believe it's everyone's responsibility to share his positive and negative thoughts to others and give them a chance to explore more of our beautiful world.

4. My favorite cuisine to explore: that's one of the hardest parts to talk about i believe, i used to be a very picky person when it come to food and wasn't used to eat anywhere away from home, with the life quick rhythm and work challenges we might need to move from a place to another where you will find yourself become more open to try new food, living in Qatar gave me the chance to try several cuisines different from my Egyptian Cuisine, such as Turkish, Iranian, Yemeni, Thai, Filipino and even Afghani, and i can tell that i fall in love with all of them and daily looking to try something new.

5. what i love to do: I love travelling and explore new hidden places, new countries, hang out with new people and share the best of my culture 

Looking forward to meet the Local Guides from all over the world in the Connect Live event .

#ConnectLive #ConnectWithLocalGuide  #LocalGuides #Doha #Qatar #ConnectLive2018

Moustafa Abdalla
Level 7

24525_343060896185_808684_n.jpg548237_10150613548636186_983773359_n.jpg581402_10151041335971186_119276161_n (1).jpg10745004_10152428009406186_96425844_n (1).jpg

1. Name: Dominic
  2. Location: Singapore
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I'm curious about new places and information, and love sharing with everyone. Being a Local Guide allows me to share 360 photos for everyone to be here without being here.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I love indian food such as masala thosai, nasi briyani and roti prata. I also love western food such as fish & chips, chicken chop and sirloin steaks. I enjoy thai food, mexican food and chinese seafood too!
  5. Fun Fact about me: I was previously a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor and Infantry Company Commander on a part time basis when I had more time. I now focus on working with clients to bring them from offline to online.
Level 5

Hello Friends!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

IMG_0002.jpg

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Mayank Kumar
  2. Location: Singapore — though I’m originally from New Delhi, India.
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I have visited many countries in my life along with my family and the suggestions from local guides have helped me through. Lately, my visit to Bali has been entirely based on suggestions and reviews by local guides in google maps. Started click photos as a student while studying urbanism back in college, one of my earliest photography gained more than 55K views & in a total of more than half a million views on all the photographs shared. More to come through my contributions in the months to come.
  4. My favourite cuisine to explore: I am vegetarian, and that's the restaurant I go to wherever travel takes me. Excited to try new tastes. Favourite: Mexican & Indian.
  5. Fun Fact About Me: I'm an architect, working in a hospitality firm. Visiting world renown hotels & resorts around the world is part of my job. Loves to travel, sketch & photography. 

Now it's your turn.

Level 5

Hello,

Name : Franklin Lau

I am semi retired IT professional with interests in hiking, travel, cruisings, good food and wine.

Current residency  : Hong Kong

My families moved from Canada to Hong Kong about 20 years ago with a single mission to take care our aging parents.

Why joining GLG ?

I joined Google Local Guides years ago trying to show the other beautiful and interesting side of Hong Kong to the world.

Hong Kong has been named as City of motions or Pearl of The East, but there are lot more going

on in this city and I hope showing them thru using the pictures and tell the story.

So welcome to Hong Kong and have Fun here !! 

Level 6

Hi

My name is Tanyarat Komol

My nickname is Joule

I’m local guide from Thailand

I’ve been local guide by answer some question from google maps after I went to the restaurant. After that I answer more question and reviews when I go to many places in Thailand. I found that doesn’t google maps only! but they make a local guide too! So when I reviews or help some people for the questions is an level up! Ohhh very exciting and it’s challenge for me. Now I’m level 6 I try to comment and share how I feel when I went to many places. Otherwise photo is an important because I saw many people want to see the real picture from foreigner or local guide more than the advertisement and make sure the places that they want to go it’s ok or not. And I saw some of my photo are more than 1,000 views, maybe not much for several people but make me feel good and make me want to share more photo and reviews.

I would like to say now I’m local guide in Thailand I want to invite you to come to Thailand. Many place are so beautiful, identity and most of people they’re so kind. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed.  For the future I try to go to around the world and I will not forget to share to you.

Please let me know if you come to Thailand!

Thank you for your reading^^

See ya!

Level 6

Hello Friends!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

To start, let me introduce myself:

Name: Sandeep Bojanala
What do I love about being a Local Guide: I had bad experiences visiting certain places, I felt I would have planned my visit better if I had known about it earlier. I started writing reviews in Google Maps as a local guide and that should have definitely helped others not to experience the same issues again. I feel being a local guide is doing Social Service.
I love to share: I love to share experiences about the new places I visit.
How did I hear about Local Guides: I posted few pics on my visit to Pondicherry, I started getting emails from the local guide community.
Fun Fact About Me: I am a movie buff.I love watching and playing cricket.