cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

1. Name: Darien T.
  2. Location: Indonesia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Give people insights about places. You know sometimes people aren't really sure about a place (especially a restaurant!), so I'm really happy to try it out first then give people a better view of the place.
  4. I love to share:  Honest reviews! If I don't like it, I'll say why I don't really like it. If I like it, of course I'll share what I think is the power. I'm still learning on taking photos 😛
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I kinda accidentally become a local guide when I wanted to gain some levels in my account. It turned out that I've been a local guide ever since.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Easily fascinated by crowded place and always wondering why is it so crowded 😄
Level 6

Introduction

Hi all,

Name: Joe
What do I love about being a Local Guide: I am able to try lots of various activities and restaurants in different places so I just love the ability to provide honest reviews and photos.  I like the fact it helps all those on google who search out these places.
I love to share: I especially like to help with restaurant reviews and photos.
How did I hear about Local Guides: I saw reviews on google maps from others and so joined in the fun!
Fun Fact About Me: I’m a dictionary definition of fun 😭

Level 7

Most Describes Me...

Hello Community,

I am doing this post to reach out to newbies like me and oldies at this, to simply introduce myself to the community.

Abiodun Oseni by name (you can call me Bii) and I like pictures and movies and food.

I only recently became a local guide and reached level 6 because i had a lot of memories documented with pictures but did  not realize timely i could have been sharing them via google map reviews. So here i am trying to catch up.

i have attached a few of my favourite pics for your pleasure.

I am an avid cyclist, a food & nature lover and i like to review a good movie. Professionally, i am an interface and liaison expert in the O&G industry while in a FMCG company.

Get to know me!workingworkinghobbyhobbydesk toysdesk toyswhat a break looks/tastes likewhat a break looks/tastes like

Connect Moderator

Re: I'm on connect

Welcome @uhleka

Regards Paul

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Maverickkhan,

Your personal information was removed from this post. We do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety. Please take a moment to review our community policy and check these useful tips on using this community before posting.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 6

Introduction

I am Edem 30y.o, I live in Senegal (Africa)

Data scientist, I manage social and market research throughout Central and West Africa.

My Hobbies : Music, Taking pictures, Football.

Languages : French, English, Ewe, Wolof (basic).

I like sharing pictures on Google Maps and create missing places for better documentation of our region.

I have had the chance to visit more than 10 countries in Africa.

Level 6

Welcome @I see you are new here, let me give you some tips on how you can get started here : Explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides? For example,this section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

Tips for getting started:

Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
- Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
- Share a story with your photo(s) - tell your fellow Local Guides something about the location's history, why you like it,  a few details on what is in the pictures, etc. 
- Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
- Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 

This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions.

And also you can Introduce yourself in our unofficial introduction thread here:https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Introduce-Yourself-July-2017/m-p/348309#M78...

Level 7

Introduce Yourself - April 2018

Hello Local Guides!

Picture 069a.jpgI’m Michael from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. For all the people who need to check Google Maps to look up "the Netherlands": this country is also known as Holland. Why would I be calling it the Netherlands, you wonder? Well, that is a long story and it's been told: https://youtu.be/eE_IUPInEuc. We love to suck up to America, in contrast to most of our neighbours, just watch the video that was made by Arjan Lubach: https://youtu.be/ELD2AwFN9Nc.

I joined the local guides community because I make pictures every now and then, which people tend to appreciate. I'm just a lucky **####** that keeps on running into strange situations or great moments, so why not help others by sharing these moments? Great things I like are those unexpected moments or stunning landscapes. Meeting people with a different background in distant places. So far, I have travelled to 42 different countries. I hope to expand that number, but we shall see.

Favorite countries in the world: Japan, Ireland, Mexico, but my very own country is perfect for me too.

Open to learn or teach/preach! 😉

Level 6

'The Milan Job'

Hello, I am a Olukayode (Kayode is ok) and I have been living in Italy for over 3 years now as an engineer. I moved from Cape Town and I must say that the life of being a nomad and exploring new cultures has been both exciting but immensely tasking. Learning a new language as well as norms is one of my big takeaways. The best way to survive as I mentioned in an article 2 years ago when I moved to Italy (Home away from HOME) is to plan and be proactive for the move. Let's meet up and create a community of friends with incredible stories to share.

TRAVELTRAVEL

Level 6

Hello Local Guides,

1. Name: Miyo
  2. Location: Canada
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Exploring, taking photos and letting others know about a place.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Any food that tastes good 🙂
  5. Fun Fact about me: I used to be a teacher, now on my way to being a doctor 🙂

I love the Local Guides experience because I love to help others with honest reviews about a place as my review could help them save their money if it is a bad experience and enjoy the place if my experience is a good one. Either way I will be helping people who would be attending a place for the first time.