Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Hello to the all Local Guides,

1. Name: Sagar Neupane
  2. Location: Butwal, Nepal
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that my contributions have a HUGE impact in the world and help millions of people everyday!
  4. I love to share: I love to add and edit places. Wherever I go I try to use "Check the Facts" and look for missing information.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After a some time working with Map Maker I saw this amazing group of people who share the same passion as I do. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover local places whenever I travel in different places and countries.
Level 3

My name is Darlene thank u for the information on how to use discussion panel.

Level 9

Hi everyone!

1. Name: Aloknath
  2. Location: Bangalore, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Each single contribution i make on Google Maps can help users around the world to make better decisions and have a wonderful experience .I can share my experience and also learn from other Local guides .Wonderful !!
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos so that other Local Guides can see the world through my eyes. Many unknown places can be made visible to the whole world .
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was sharing a review of a place on Google Maps and received a mail about Local Guides.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Am a nature photographer and enjoy visiting unseen places .

IMG_20160716_082915.jpg

Level 7

1. Name: Kevin Wabungo
  2. Location: Nairobi, Kenya
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to provide local insights to the best places to enjoy with family and friends 
  4. I love to share: I love to share reviews and pictures of places I have been too. I almost always have the experience and point out the areas the management can improve on.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Well I added a photo on maps and it got so many views that I received and email that my photo received 10,000 views...I have never looked back since then...
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am the crazy one...boring doesn't exist in my vocabulary...Kevin-Wabungo.jpg

Level 9

Name: Manolis
What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping others explore my beautiful island!
I love to share: Photos and videos, plus drone footage
How did I hear about Local Guides: Google Maps

Level 8

Hii @Aloknath

Welcome to Local Guides Connect

Thanks for introducing Yourself

I am also from India.

Level 9

hello @Umashankar

Thank you and nice to hear from you !!

Level 10

1. Name: Joseph
  2. Location: Bangkok, Thailand
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I really like cleaning up Google Maps. Here's a story that happened shortly after I started...My hometown only has 1000 people, and only a few dozen businesses, but after I realized that I could fix things, I spent all night one night cleaning up all of the issues with my hometown.
  4. I love to share: Making map edits is my favorite thing, but I also take a lot of pictures. I love it when I find a map listing without a picture, and then Google puts my picture as the main picture for the business listing. I also like taking photosphere pictures.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I accidentally clicked some button on Google Maps a long time ago, and that made me a Local Guide
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I think that I've contributed more pictures of 7-Elevens than anyone else to Google Maps. I've submitted photographs of more than 500 different 7-Elevens that have been accepted on Google Maps.

Photosphere from LAXPhotosphere from LAX

Level 9

Hey @Aloknath, a warm welcome to local guides connect community!

We would love to see your photos of nature in the photography and discoveries section, please share them with us.

BTW I am from Hyderabad!

Level 9

hello @AslamMo

Thank you and nice to know you ! I would love to share few pics here , Where do i find the discovery section here ?