GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

@Khaledmhabdou,
Congratulations with your charity work and great achievement. I loved my time in Uganda, also working voluntary for a charity (Sylvia's Children). In my case I was working with aprox. 1,000 school kids of which about half of them were orphans. Kids are so well behaved and appreciative there, it was a pleasure to work with them.

Of course I went on safari afterward and loved the people and the food everywhere we visited. The highlight of my visit was by far the close-up encounter with gorilas in the jungle. If it wasn't for the politics and some serious human rights issues, I would love to go back there as a tourist, but it is currently on my boycot list.

Jeroen

Level 9

@Aloknath@You go to the connect with local other local guides from homepage as in beloScreenshot_2017-04-02-22-44-43.png

And then to share your photos and discoveries and post

Screenshot_2017-04-02-22-44-55.png

Hope this helps!

Level 9

hi @AslamMo

Thanks for sharing this information , very helpful !

Level 7

1. Name: Rob
  2. Location: Adelaide, Australia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love helping others with technology, to connect socially and find new places. I get a real buzz when I see my photo's get thousands of views, knowing I helped other find the place they're looking for.
  4. I love to share: I love to share local knowledge and help visitors get the most out their travels. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was heavily into Mapmaker. I was disappointed to see it going and wanted to see how I could still contribute to Google maps. I stumbled upon Local Guides and noticed edits against my tally and the rest is history.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm a Google enthusiast and a participant in the G Suite Top Contributor program. In the last 7 years I've been to Mountain View three times for Top Contributor Summits. 

20151020_081302.jpg

Level 4

I'm new! 

Name: Claudia
What do I love about being a Local Guide: I'm so curious, so is normal for me to look (online) for new places to visit and see what people are doing there. 
I love to share: Also my old places to keep track where I've been and how was it.  
How did I hear about Local Guides: google sent me an email! Hey...  🙂
Fun Fact About Me: I love hats...

this one I borrowed..this one I borrowed..

Level 7

Hello Local Guides!

Let me introduce myself 🙂

1. Name: Gleb
  2. Location: Amsterdam
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being a Local Guide fits well with my lifestyle: always on the go, discovering new places, sharing perspectives and favorite spots 🙂
  4. I love to share: Hidden places that I've been to and can recommend to others, interesting pictures with unusual views, something to spark interest.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was kindly asked to share some pictures of a place I've been to.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love baking cakes for parties but I almost never actually eat cake.

5068680b-c01b-4639-84ad-ce245791d60a.jpeg

* This picture was taken at the annual pillow fight in dam square yesterday ;')

Level 2

@aslamm wrote:

Foodie, pilot and Googler:) @GusMoreira 

Awesome!!!

Level 3

Re: Introduce yourself - April 2017

Hi 

Me From kerala, India. 

How I know Dr. Gaurav Mahajan that can we still contribute to google map after the google map is closed past March 31st.

@GauravM wrote:

Hello everyone on connect, it's 1st April as April fools day. Please introduce yourself on this connect forum.

Regards

Dr. Gaurav mahajan

March 31st.

Gauravm write:

Hello everyone on connect, it's 1st April as April fools day. Please introduce yourself on this connect forum.

Regards

Dr. Gaurav mahajan

Level 2

Name: Shay
What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping others make an informed choice on what to do and where to go.
I love to share: I love to share my experience with others
How did I hear about Local Guides: Stumbled across it.
Fun Fact About Me: I have attended a Queens Garden Party

Level 8

Re: Introduce yourself - April 2017

Hello mate @Rajeshv, welcome to forum. Just want to clear that it's Google map maker which got closed on 31st march not Google map.