VBenedict's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Inserting images within reviewing text

@TraciC  @HelloJess  

It woul be, not only productive, but effective and fun if as we are wrting our reviews we were able to insert images within our text.

It would be so elegant a review!

27 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Inserting images within reviewing text

Hello @VBenedict,

You are already able to add images to any review on Google Maps. When you click on "Write a Review" at a location on the map, you have the option of writing copy, adding stars or adding pictures to the review.

If you are referring to adding images into the text box here on Connct, please click on "Photos" to upload pictures into your post.

You can also switch from "Rich Text" to "HTML" and embed some photos hosted from another location. You likely don't need this option anytime soon but I wrote about it on page 4 of this thread if you want to take a peek.

I am not available to respond on the weekend

View solution in original post

Level 8

@VBenedict wrote:

@TraciC  @HelloJess  

It woul be, not only productive, but effective and fun if as we are wrting our reviews we were able to insert images within our text.

I submitted this idea for which I did not get credit here on Connect. My "Ideas submitted" counter = 0

I seem to remember @BruceDM thanking me for another idea suggestion.

Level 10

@VBenedict wrote:

@VBenedict wrote:

@TraciC  @HelloJess  

I submitted this idea for which I did not get credit here on Connect. My "Ideas submitted" counter = 0

I seem to remember @BruceDM thanking me for another idea suggestion.

Hi @VBenedict "ideas" are a feature of Lithium not yet implemented in Connect 😉 There is no track of suggested features, but I can remember this was already submitted.

Level 8

@LucioV as always, thank you for coming to my rescue🏃‍♂️

If you wanted to run for Connect Moderator most of us, I am certain, would vote for you 🦄

Level 10

@VBenedict wrote:

@LucioV as always, thank you for coming to my rescue🏃‍♂️

If you wanted to run for Connect Moderator most of us, I am certain, would vote for you 🦄

Thanks 😄 But I can't! 😄

Level 8

Yes, it is a time consuming job 🤖

Solution

Hello @VBenedict,

You are already able to add images to any review on Google Maps. When you click on "Write a Review" at a location on the map, you have the option of writing copy, adding stars or adding pictures to the review.

If you are referring to adding images into the text box here on Connct, please click on "Photos" to upload pictures into your post.

You can also switch from "Rich Text" to "HTML" and embed some photos hosted from another location. You likely don't need this option anytime soon but I wrote about it on page 4 of this thread if you want to take a peek.

Level 8

@BruceDM  Thank you and btw if I have not expressed the fact that I am so very proud of being a member of this Community of outstanding, generous, and compassionate individuals;  I would like to do so on this Thanksgiving Season 🦃

Now... back to our subject in question:

Do you mean I actually can format images inside/within the (box) actual text of my Google Maps reviews? (Not referring to Connect). Images that can be resized and positioned graphically speaking?

I know how to add images and now videos 🎉 that show along with my reviews but not within the review text itself.

😄 Love the idea that we can actually title and write descriptions that move along with our published images.

Level 8

@VBenedict wrote:

@TraciC  @HelloJess  

@VBenedict You can submit review with photos. Please follow this screenshot.google-review-with-photogoogle-review-with-photo

- Thanks

Thank you for sharing @Naiem.

@VBenedict - per the screenshot, clicking on the highlighted camera with the "+" icon is all you need to use to add a photo to your review. This icon is visible in both desktop and mobile devices.