Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: I'm a lucky man

@HashimN October is so close 🙂

Level 10

I want to say few words about this achievement.

Last year i was an active LVL5 LG when the summit was announced, Connect was not here, and i was only an active member of Rome Local Guides community and struggling to have my community recognized.

I prepared a great video, received a lot of positive feedbacks, i was very confident about my success.

I failed, and i was very sad about this, i really cannot understand what was missing, that time.

But i decided to go on, and i started to create something better, then i took under control Italia Local Guides and started to meetup like a crazy, meanwhile connect started.

Believe it or not, I can ensure you i didn't have #lgsummit17 in my target, at that time; i was so keen on Connect and Meetups that i didn't have the time.

When the Summit was about the be announced, i tried to make a recap, and I discovered I had done so much for LG! Was really not easy to make a quick recap, and i was starting to think about the video.

At this time I started to think i had some chance, but i could see that the competition started to be huge, and i recognized a lot of Local Guides that deserved the Summit!

So i decided to continue as always, helping, trying to do my best, as always, for other Local Guides.

So, my suggestion for whom hasn't been selected this year, start creating something useful, share, create, and work not for Summit, but to become a recognized expert and well known Local Guide.

I want to thank every Local Guide that asked me something, or just kudoed my posts, they contributed more than they can imagine, and all the friends that helped me during meetups, ErmesT, Emanuele, Davide Pedretti Biagioni, and all the great local guides in italialg.it 🙂

And thanks to all Googlers for guidance and help in be a better Local Guide, @TraciC@Corrie,@JessicaS@LuisR@GusMoreira@Yohanad@MariaBi@NatalieP@StephanieC@armstrongc and whom i forgot!

Connect Moderator

@LucioV wrote:

I want to say few words about this achievement.

Last year i was an active LVL5 LG when the summit was announced, Connect was not here, and i was only an active member of Rome Local Guides community and struggling to have my community recognized.

I prepared a great video, received a lot of positive feedbacks, i was very confident about my success.

I failed, and i was very sad about this, i really cannot understand what was missing, that time.

But i decided to go on, and i started to create something better, then i took under control Italia Local Guides and started to meetup like a crazy, meanwhile connect started.

Believe it or not, I can ensure you i didn't have #lgsummit17 in my target, at that time; i was so keen on Connect and Meetups that i didn't have the time.

When the Summit was about the be announced, i tried to make a recap, and I discovered I had done so much for LG! Was really not easy to make a quick recap, and i was starting to think about the video.

At this time I started to think i had some chance, but i could see that the competition started to be huge, and i recognized a lot of Local Guides that deserved the Summit!

So i decided to continue as always, helping, trying to do my best, as always, for other Local Guides.

So, my suggestion for whom hasn't been selected this year, start creating something useful, share, create, and work not for Summit, but to become a recognized expert and well known Local Guide.

I want to thank every Local Guide that asked me something, or just kudoed my posts, they contributed more than they can imagine, and all the friends that helped me during meetups, ErmesT, Emanuele, Davide Pedretti Biagioni, and all the great local guides in italialg.it 🙂

And thanks to all Googlers for guidance and help in be a better Local Guide, @TraciC@Corrie,@JessicaS@LuisR@GusMoreira@Yohanad@MariaBi@NatalieP@StephanieC@armstrongc and whom i forgot!

@LucioV I remember those days on Google+ on the Local Guide community, and I've seen your impressive growth and contributions since last year and I can attest to what you're saying - it takes a lot of continued dedication for this passion of ours. You're definitely a great example of that.

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Connect Moderator

Congrats @LucioV, the man who never sleeps here on Connect, looking forward to finally meeting you.

Cheers,

Karen
San Francisco Bay Area Local Guide

Level 10

@KarenVChin wrote:

Congrats @LucioV, the man who never sleeps here on Connect, looking forward to finally meeting you.

Cheers,

Karen
San Francisco Bay Area Local Guide

Thanks Karen!!! Tonight I tried to sleep a little more, but we had a thunderstorm!!! Eventually internet was back only now! 😄

Level 9

Congratulation... @LucioV

Level 8

Hi @LucioV my daughter is very very lucky. Today. Five petals.IMG-20170520-WA0001.jpg

Former Google Contributor

Wow I have never seen one in real life. Did you have to look hard for it?

Level 5

Felicitazioni, @LucioV! I'm sure you'll enjoy and connect (hehe) with even more people 🙂

Level 10

Really not so hard @YanniY, we found a primary source!!!! I will show you live, directly from my pocket! 🙂

Thanks @Yohanad i will be connected as never before! 😄