AndrianN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

I am a local guide: a note at the end of 2018

Hi, I wrote this post in two languages ( English & Indonesia )

Finally we are at the end of 2018. Incidentally this December became a marker that I had joined in local guides for a year. There is no party for that, just reminding myself to be able to contribute better. With this community, I have recorded 5 cool things (I think) as local guides. Of course everyone has different opinions and experiences. This post only shares stories.

I am a local guide preview for LGC post 01.jpg

# 1 - The better your contribution, the better your confidence.
Before becoming a local guide, I had to make sure I had a need first, before visiting a place. But after becoming a local guide, it is enough with the passion to contribute when visiting a certain place. The better my contribution, the more confident I am to be there as a local guide. So when they ask about you, you can answer: I'm a local guide!

# 2 - The more you help, the more happiness you get.
Even though technology has expanded, there are some people who don't understand using it. Helping to add a place on the map is one of the happiest things. Especially for small entrepreneurs, helping their place of business listed on Google maps makes them happy. And this is what I call sharing happiness.

# 3 - The more information you get, the better your review.
It's great when we're in a place we've never visited, where the information we get is limited. This is when I have to learn and explore information about the place before making a review. The better we know the place, the better our review. Besides that our knowledge can increase.

I am a local guide preview for LGC post 02.jpg

# 4 - The more places you visit, the more friends you get.
As a local guide, visiting or traveling to a place becomes a valuable activity. Because we can look around, take pictures and tell the place to hundreds or thousands of people out there. In addition almost every place we visit, we can interact with new people. Some gave a good impression so we looked at him as a friend.

#5 - More passion, more patience too.
Doing a fun activity will increase our desire for that thing. Likewise with what local guides do. But sometimes not everyone accepts our kind intentions. I have been refused several times. For this reason, besides having a high passion, we must also have more patience. So that we do not easily lose the spirit of contributing.

That's some of the things I can say. About this, I hope it can be an inspiration for those who have just joined as a local guide. By the way, welcoming 2019 I want to encourage you by sharing something for you. I made an A2 poster with high resolution. You can download it at the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pC4ET9OfAtQlDtOFxDMN6-RkHeLPUzA0/view?usp=sharing

I am a local guide preview for LGC post 03.jpg

You can print it on digital printing services, with sizes that match your own preferences. I think at least print on A3 + media. And the coolest ones are printed in A2 size. If you want a little hassle, you can give it a frame.

So please download. I hope you like it.
We love you local guides!

26 comments
Level 7

Saya seorang pemandu lokal: sebuah catatan di akhir 2018

Akhirnya kita berada di penghujung tahun 2018. Kebetulan bulan Desember ini menjadi penanda waktu bahwa sudah setahun saya bergabung dalam local guides. Tidak ada pesta kecil untuk itu, selain mengingatkan diri sendiri agar bisa berkontribusi lebih baik. Bersama komunitas ini hingga sekarang, saya mencatat 5 hal keren ( yang menurut saya ) dalam menjadi local guide. Tentu saja setiap orang punya pendapat dan pengalaman yang berbeda. Tulisan ini sekedar berbagi cerita.

I am a local guide preview for LGC post 01.jpg

#1 - Makin bagus kontribusimu, makin baik kepercayaan dirimu.
Sebelum menjadi local guide, saya harus memastikan punya keperluan dulu untuk berkunjung ke sebuah tempat. Tetapi setelah menjadi local guide, saya cukup butuh hasrat berkontribusi ketika mengunjungi tempat tertentu. Makin baik kontribusi saya, makin lebih percaya diri untuk berada di sana sebagai local guide. Jadi saat mereka bertanya tentangmu, kamu bisa menjawab : saya seorang pemandu lokal!

#2 - Makin banyak yang kau bantu, makin banyak kebahagiaan yang kau dapat.
Meski teknologi sudah merebak jauh, tetapi ada sebagian orang yang tidak paham untuk memanfaatkannya. Membantu menambahkan tempat di peta adalah salah satu hal yang menyenangkan sekali. Terutama bagi pengusaha kecil, membantu tempat usahanya tercantum di peta Google membuat mereka senang. Dan inilah yang aku sebut berbagi kebahagiaan.

#3 - Makin banyak informasi yang kau dapat, makin baik ulasanmu.
Menyenangkan sekali ketika berada di sebuah tempat yang belum pernah kita kunjungi, dimana informasi yang kita dapat terbatas. Inilah saat saya mesti mempelajari dan menggali informasi tentang tempat tersebut sebelum membuat ulasan. Semakin baik kita mengetahui tempat tersebut, semakin baik ulasan kita. Selain itu makin bertambah pengetahuan kita.

I am a local guide preview for LGC post 02.jpg

#4 - Makin banyak tempat yang kau kunjungi, makin banyak teman yang kau dapat.
Sebagai local guide mengunjungi atau bepergian ke sebuah tempat menjadi kegiatan berharga. Karena kita bisa melihat-lihat, memotret dan menceritakan tempat itu kepada ratusan hingga ribuan orang di luar sana. Selain itu hampir di setiap tempat yang kita kunjungi, kita bisa berinteraksi dengan orang-orang baru. Sebagian mungkin membawa kesan yang dalam sehingga kita menempatkannya sebagai teman.

#5 - More passion, more patience too.
Melakukan sebuah kegiatan menyenangkan akan membuat hasrat kita pada hal tersebut bertambah. Begitu juga dengan yang dilakukan local guide. Tetapi kadang tidak semua orang menerima maksud baik kita. Saya beberapa kali mendapatkan penolakan. Untuk itulah selain memiliki hasrat yang tinggi, kita juga harus punya kesabaran yang lebih. Agar kita tidak mudah kehilangan semangat berkontribusi.

Itulah beberapa hal yang bisa saya katakan. Tentang ini saya berharap bisa menjadi inspirasi bagi mereka yang baru bergabung sebagai pemandu lokal. Ngomong-ngomong, menjelang tahun 2019 saya ingin memberi semangat dengan berbagi sesuatu untuk kalian. Saya membuat sebuah poster berukuran A2 dengan resolusi tinggi. Kalian bisa mengunduhnya pada link ini :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pC4ET9OfAtQlDtOFxDMN6-RkHeLPUzA0/view?usp=sharing

I am a local guide preview for LGC post 03.jpg

Kalian bisa mencetaknya pada layanan cetak digital ( digital print ) dengan ukuran yang sesuai kesukaan. Menurut saya minimal pada media berukuran A3+ dan yang paling keren dicetak dalam ukuran A2. Jika mau sedikit repot, kalian bisa memberinya pigura.

Jadi silahkan diunduh. Saya harap kalian menyukainya.

Level 10

Re: 5 cool things I think of as a local guide.

@AndrianN I merged both your same post into a single post. You may want to edit the second post to be something else. 

Level 7

Hi @StephenAbraham

No, I don't edit it anymore. Just one post. That happened because before that my post didn't appear. I think something is wrong. Thank you for your help. I love it..

Level 7

hi @StephenAbraham

Please help me if you can delete my same post. I feel embarrassed 🙂 and thank you if it can be done.

Level 10

@AndrianN Post cannot be deleted, if you wish, do edit the reply to be a short reply if you wish. 

Level 9

@AndrianN Awesome post sir & your poster is very nice I am going to print it now, thank you.

Level 9

@AndrianN and why the copy of the entire post is in Comments? @StephenAbraham

Level 10

Thank You @AndrianN for nice post, Just want to inform you that Google Tanslator is there to help us regarding languages. As your post comes to us like this.Screenshot Of PostScreenshot Of Post

Greetings...

Level 7

Hi @MohanVee

You're welcome. I hope my work can be liked and useful by many people. If you wish you can share it ... 😍