DiyarBakirwahab's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

I Can't add or fix road?

Dear Local guide member

Does anybody have any information on how to fix the road or add it? I'm based in Iraq I can't fix the road or add it, and the satellite maps have not been updated since 3 years ago.

Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 2.40.48 AM.png

 I 

Kalar, Iraq
9 comments
Level 10

Re: I Can't add or fix road?

En un ordenador:
  1. En un ordenador, abre Google Maps.
  2. Haz clic en Menú .
  3. En la parte inferior, haz clic en Editar el mapa.
  4. Haz clic en Falta una carretera.
  5. Haz clic en el mapa donde quieras colocar la vía que falta.
  6. Añade el nombre de la vía e incluye información adicional si es necesario.
  7. Haz clic en Enviar.

Estos son los pasos recomendados, aunque no siempre se actualize lo que has dibujado, pero no pierdes nada por intentarlo. ¿Que zona és concretamente, puedes enviar información detallada e intento ayudarte.@DiyarBakirjaf ?

https://gasmountain.com/blog/
FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE MAPS
https://goo.gl/maps/nTobaEosxkmA1cvq8
Connect Moderator

@DiyarBakirwahab

It could very well be that adding and editing roads in your country is not possible. 

You may find the following post from my Easing frustrations series interesting and helpful:
- Understanding Regional Editing Restrictions

The post will help you check if it is possible or not. 

All the best 

Morten 

Level 7

Hey Diyar,

If you would like send me a private message with all the data tou can provide about this road.

George

Follow me on Google Maps: maps.app.goo.gl/z8xAaMtJrKptEnQ8A
Level 8

As I understand it, now local guides must be approved to add or fix roads. Only a limited select group.

Level 10

Rif.: I Can't add or fix road?

I personally tried to check in the area of which you put the image and in the contextual menu there is no possibility to add or modify the streets as in my area (Italy) or in other
I imagine that for the problems of your country google does not give permission to operate on the maps
I am sorry

PS
try contacting georgekrds anyway, as he may have an alternative method
sergio ascheri
Google Moderator

Hello @DiyarBakirwahab,

I just want to let you know that I will change the topic of your post to How-tos to keep Connect organized. This is the place where you can ask questions, share tips and feedback about Connect and the Local Guides program.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hello @DiyarBakirwahab 

I have checked and adding of roads is currently not allowed in your country Iraq. When I tried I got this message "your feedback is important to us. We cannot fix maps issues in this region yet. However we are working hard to make this available in more regions soon" 

It's not only particular to Iraq as a country. There are other countries here in west Africa where I am as well and it's not possible to add or fix roads. 

For instance here in this country where I'm writing from, it's also not possible to add or fix roads. Sorry !

There is really nothing you can do. Just wait and hope Google would make it possible.

Hello @my2cents 

Excuse me to say but that information is not correct. All local guides have the right and capablity to add roads anywhere on the maps,as long as they are able to do it correctly.

There are no selected or special group of local guides assigned in the addition or fixing of roads on the maps.

You as a local guide also have the possibility of adding roads. I'll be very happy to assist or refer to posts you can read for tips.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

☝️🤨 Buena idea 🤔

https://gasmountain.com/blog/
FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE MAPS
https://goo.gl/maps/nTobaEosxkmA1cvq8
Level 9

@georgekrds dear George, I appreciated your loyalty thank you so much, I would send you a message please check the inbox