Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: How to write helpful reviews for people with accessibility needs

Thanks a lot for this post

Lily Asongfac
Level 3

Well, im gonna give ma best answer later, For now, let's say, we have to give a review based on experience and should not be biased with exaggerated wordings. 

Level 6

Bls: How to write helpful reviews for people with accessibility needs

Terima kasih atas bimbingan dan tip-tipnya.

Level 10

@KarenVChin  Hi 🙂 sorry for late reply I have been a bit busy with school but I'm done now.

I distinctly remember asking you about those yellow sections on the sidewalk. It is amazing to see the differences in each country. In Kenya, ramps have been retrofitted in some public buildings but most developers haven't adhered to the directive that requires builds to be disability friendly and they get away with it coz inspections are not done often.

Most schools, residential houses, hospitals public transport don't cater to those with a physical disability since they lack ramps, wide doors, or other assistive devices but we also have Persons with Disabilities Act, 2003 which when followed to the later will significantly change things.

P.S. I can now confirm that I'll see you at Connect Live 2018 and hopefully try out the tiramisu out there.

Regards. 

Connect Moderator

@InnocensiaO, no worries. Like I said, i take things for granted here and when you asked me that question I assumed all countries have things to help people with disabilities live independently. 

Interesting to know what is happening in Kenya, your country. Thanks for sharing. Tagging Lagos Local Guide @EmekaUlor for your info.

Yes, I heard from a Dar Local Guide that your are coming here in Oct!!! He also said you guys are meeting prior. Be sure to post your recap #LGSummit mini reunion here on Connect for us to read and see. SJ (so jealous)!! 

i shared with @RobAo what I got plan for Oct. He will fil you in. Be sure to logon to the private CL board as soon as you can.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@KarenVChin thank you for calling my attention to @InnocensiaO post. It is interesting that Kenya already has a law promoting accessibility. I believe Local Guides in Kenya should help the government enforce this law. How? By organizing regular accessibility meet up and creating list of compliant buildings on Google Maps. Then they could publish the names of these places on their personal blogs or newspapers to create awareness. This should keep them on their toes.

I hope @WaweruM and co can join to start Kenya Accessible Walk? 

Xoxo

Emeka

(Accessibility Champion!)

Level 4

Thanks for all the help I can get.

Level 8

@AriMar FYI, Your Post posted twice 🧚‍♀️ 

I am glad to see that it isn't just happening to me when I am attempting to compose a log post.

Level 4

Thanks  I'm new to this computer stuff.

I know that I need lots of instruction.

Level 10

رد: How to write helpful reviews for people with accessibility needs

Thank you @AriMar

B