AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: How to write helpful reviews for people with accessibility needs

Well, I have a question that may have already been answered. (I haven't looked through all 400+ comments) What do you do when you find a business that is not handicapped accessible?  Do you just bring it to the attention of management and leave then add that to your review or is there something more we can do?

For example, in my community, there is a Vet that has no access for a handicap person. No ramp, no cut out in the sidewalk, not even a handicapped parking space. When I asked the Vet about this, I was told  "We know, most handicapped people don't take care of their animals anyway."  I was sitting in my electric wheelchair with my Service Animal. They had to come outside pick her up, take her inside, do whatever to her without me. I had to sit outside in the parking lot while they worked on her. I was asked for payment, and they finally brought her to me. The entire process took about 45 minutes.  I asked if they planned to make it where I could get into the building, they said not anytime soon. 

Needless to say, my baby never went there again! Even though it was the closest Vet to my home, I would be willing to travel much farther to be with her for her check-ups. 

Can we do something about businesses with attitudes like this?

Level 1

Good and easy way

Level 8

This is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious helpful and will start looking out for these things more often.

Level 5

I love this post @AriMar! With awareness to details such as these we can definitely help a lot of people who have higher needs with respect to accessibility. I will keep that in mind when visiting places in Calgary and reviewing them in the future. Thanks again!

Level 9

thanx for letting us know how important it is to mention about accessbilty.. well i think most people just give a review about the quality what is felt to them but they don't mention about accessibility. 

Level 6

@TristanPollock LOL  I'm so glad I was enlightening! LOL

Lena

Level 7

เรื่อง: How to write helpful reviews for people with accessibility needs

@AriMar ขอบคุณสำหลับการแบ่งปัญ ข้อ มูล และความรู้ดีๆครับ

Level 6

Excellent post. Thank you for sharing the info.

Level 7

@AriMar this is really thoughtful. Most reviews I've seen do not really incorporate mobility concerns and it behoves on every Guide to lay the marker down so that every other person will follow suit. 

The tiniest ways you touch someone’s life add up.
Level 9

Having a baby and using a stroller, it's also difficult to get around looking for elevators and Ramps. I always try to share accessibility information, but This has opened my eyes to more information that I need to include. Thank you. Very helpful. 

My passion

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Never-eat-sushi-on-Sundays-and-Mondays/td-p/1498087#.XLt6pai3RHs.link

Connect Live 2019 Application

https://youtu.be/hjp7kTQoPeg

Instagram #sundragon