Yohanad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

How to add your own 360 Street View on Google Maps

Sailboats on Lake Annecy, in France. Photo by @LittlePlanet

If you like to explore on Google Maps with Street View, you’ve probably come across 360 photos. These interactive pictures let you see a location from every angle, so they’re an amazing way to show what a place is really like.

One of the ways you can publish 360 photos is with the Street View trusted program. Check out our FAQs below to learn more about publishing 360 photos and becoming a Street View trusted photographer.

We look forward to seeing your 360 photos!

What equipment do I need to capture and publish 360 photos?
You can create 360 photos with your phone or a special camera. Check out this page for equipment recommendations and the Help Center to learn how to upload 360 photos on Google Maps.

How can I become a Street View trusted photographer?
You’ll be eligible to become a trusted photographer after you publish 50 Maps-approved 360 photos on Google Maps. Once you’ve done that, go to the Street View app’s settings and make sure you’ve turned on the “Available for hire” switch. You will then see an invitation in the Street View app to be made a trusted photographer.

After accepting, you’ll receive an email that links to a form; upon verification of your published 360 photos, your information will be listed on the for-hire index within 5 business days and you’ll get access to the trusted badge.

It’s important that your images meet our Maps publishing criteria and policies. Otherwise, they won’t be published on Maps or count toward your trusted status. (Your contributions page shows all images you have submitted, including those not published to Maps.) Once the trusted badge appears on your profile, you’ll be able to join the Street View trusted board to chat with other trusted users and our team.

How long does it take to get photos approved and published?
360 photos are published instantly but could be removed if they don't comply with the Maps publishing criteria.

I’ve been publishing 360 photos on Google Maps for a long time. To become a trusted photographer, do I need to delete my photos and republish them in the Street View app?
No. All 360 photos you have published that meet the Maps publishing criteria count toward your trusted photographer status — even those you published before signing up to be a trusted photographer.

Can I display a watermark or brand logo on my Street View 360 photos?
In some cases, yes. Take a look at the section regarding “Superimposed text or graphics” here. You can also read up on our sales guidelines for our policies around the use of the trusted photographer and Street View brand. Please also make sure to carefully read the Local Guides program terms and conditions.

Do I get points for the Local Guides program by uploading 360 photos?
You’ll earn 5 Local Guides points for each 360 photo you add on Google Maps.

Where does the trusted photographer badge show up? Can I make it appear in Google Maps instead of my Local Guides badge?
The Street View trusted badge is only displayed in the Street View app at this time.

74 comments
Level 10

Re: How to add your own 360 Street View on Google Maps

Nice photo @Yohanad Its beautiful @LittlePlanet. These beautiful photos motivates me to shoot 360 photos. 

Atma Ram
Level 10

Level 7

@Yohanad

Is there a specific process for a 360 to pop up if I place the pegman in nearby area. As my 360 didn't get  loaded when I placed the pegman in its vicinity while using Google Earth . I have submitted feedback under same mail address. 

Level 10

Level 9

Level 7

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing this information @Yohanad 

I've question 

I've uploaded 60 Photos and 59 approved by Google maps but in my contribution tab available for hire button not working. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Great stuff!

Thanks for your time for this beautiful article. It is very helpful for our local guides connect

Bk gajendra
Level 9

@Yohanad , so it's time to start 360 photos 

Thanks for sharing , I like the lake photo ,

Is it easy to start from my mobile phone or must buy new 360 camera !??

CC:

@HelloSamsonR @LucioV @MahabubMunna @JohnnyE @AkmalB @MedRidaZ 📣📣