costaricanick's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to add a video to Google Maps from iOS or PC?

I've added over a 1000 photos without any problems to Google Maps, however, I'm trying to upload a video to Google Maps but is not allowing me to do that. "Format error" - from my PC and there is no option on my iPhone to upload videos. I'd like to add short videos 

Cascada El Pavón, Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: How to add a video to Google Maps from iOS or PC?

Hey @costaricanick,

Currently you can contribute video to Google Maps only using an Android Device. Iphone does not have this feature yet. Please keep in mind that Google Maps and the Local Guides platform are growing very fast and maybe we will get to see this feature soon.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hey @costaricanick,

Currently you can contribute video to Google Maps only using an Android Device. Iphone does not have this feature yet. Please keep in mind that Google Maps and the Local Guides platform are growing very fast and maybe we will get to see this feature soon.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Thank you! Hopefully the iOS and/or PC feature will be added soon. I appreciate your quick response/help!

Level 8

Hi George... You mean that from Lap one cannot load Video?

Level 5

Hello George,

Appreciate the swift response. Hope this feature will be available soon in IPhone.

Thanks.

Level 8

Thanks  a lot .why google is waiting ?

Level 10

Actually the option to upload video from iOS has been added! Thanks google for this great news! 🙂

Level 8

I still don't see how it works with iOS. If I click on a location, Add Photo/Video, my camera only allows photos and I can only upload photos. What is your step by step to get videos up directly from an iPhone?