supermichalpl's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to add a photo sphere to an object?

Hello

I have a question about how to add a photo sphere (I mean what is in the street view) inside the object thus gaining points (of course as a local guide)? Because I wanted to add a spherical picture of a certain object in the middle but I do not know how to add it (plus thanks to that I would like to collect points :-))

Malbork, Polska
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: How to add a photo sphere to an object?

@supermichalpl wrote:

@dєєpαkk wrote:

@supermichalpl there is no special requirements to do this. You must have an Android phone with better camera. In your cell phone download Google Street View app. 

You can also download it by following the link mention below. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.street&hl=en

Hope it helps. If you any other information mention me here again. 

If I make a photo sphere with the street view application and add it to the object using this "street view" application, then I will get points for the local guide?

If the photosphere is uploaded to a point of interest (like restaurant, museum, etc), yes, you'll get points.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Level 9

@supermichalpl there is no special requirements to do this. You must have an Android phone with better camera. In your cell phone download Google Street View app. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

@YK1001 has given an answer for adding a road here:  https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/How-do-I/Adding-new-road/m-p/140853#M9187  -- I have just copied and pasted here.
Solution

Currently, we cannot add roads using Maps.

Please use the Send Feedback options to report the missimg road to Google.

Here is the steps for Android Maps

1.  Click on the handburger menu

2.  Choose Send Feedback

3.  Choose Edit the map

4.  Tap on the Road or area  you want to report, click Next

5.  Follow the screen, enter the correct name in the space, as show in the screen shot below

6.  Click Send to submit the report.

Screenshot_20170219-171631.png

Level 7

@dєєpαkk wrote:

If I make a photo sphere with the street view application and add it to the object using this "street view" application, then I will get points for the local guide?

Solution

@supermichalpl wrote:

@dєєpαkk wrote:

If the photosphere is uploaded to a point of interest (like restaurant, museum, etc), yes, you'll get points.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 7

360 direction photos

Google need to give approvel to locale guide for take and post 360 direction photos on google map.

Re: 360 direction photos

Hello @SwapnilHole-1,

adding photo spheres to Google Maps is available to every user through the Street View app. 

I have merged your post to one explaining how this works.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!