ArHaneen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: How do I cancel a request shown in the edits tab of google maps app interface?

The issue is solved. In short, we have to do the 'undo' process from the google map maker. It will be great if this feature is added to google maps mobile app. That would make it simple.

Thank you

@TomášJ wrote:

@HaneenP wrote:

and there is an option to 'undo' it. I hope i it won't undo the already approved name.

nope. only those changes will be undone which are still within the pending status.

Level 7

Re: How do I cancel a request shown in the edits tab of google maps app interface?

Hi @LucioV,

I guess there is no way where Map Maker is not available, right?

Level 10

I think this will be one of the first new features to add to Maps after the Map Maker retirement. I hope so.

Level 5

It seems that Map Maker has been retired and is therefore no longer available. However, I can't find this functionality in the Maps app yet.

Is there any way to undo/withdraw a pending edit request? 

Level 8

Hi @Betaminos,.

In short, as of now, no cancel undo an edit.

Please be noted that you replied to an old thread that is 6 months old.  Lots of the context of the prior discussion might be not applicable already.

Please avoid reply to threads that are too old.

Level 2

Hi,

Just a follow up question to the one that was posted just 10 hours ago. 

If if there is no way to undo a pending edit, what steps do I take to prevent it from going through?

Best regards,

Carrie

Level 8

@Carrie,

There is no way.

We can only Submit another edit once the previous one is approved.

Level 9

Recently discovered that this is still a problem. Without the ability to delete and undo requests, it becomes a lot more risky to edit things. It is frustrating to have to wait for potentially days or weeks for the request to be approved or denied before something can be done. The hope is that the change will not be approved but it is entirely out of control. If it is possible to delete photos, it should be possible to delete requests as well. It is a powerful pattern to have undo in software and entirely possible. If all software has this pattern, why not Google Maps?

Jeff Muir
Admin - Global Guides
Former Google Contributor

Hi @JeffMuir,

Thanks for reaching with us with your valuable thoughts.

Due to the prevention from cluttering of information, for the moment it is the best for the team to have enough time to evaluate each suggestion. It is for the convenience of the community itself.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 9

Hi @sonnyNg,

Sorry, but I do not understand the context of your message. "Prevention from cluttering of information" is a bit confusing. Maybe you are just saying that the team needs time to consider every suggestion. 

It is common for developers to ask for ideas about what can be improved for software. In this case, it is all about adding an undo pattern to edit submissions. The framework is probably already there but just needs the UI and higher-level changes. 

At the very least, any pending request should support deleting them. Undo can be tougher but deleting should be fairly easy.

Thank you for your response,

Jeff

Jeff Muir
Admin - Global Guides