AubreyB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Hosting a Meetup

Anyone else host a local Meetup to show business owners how to set up Maps? There are so many home business listings missing, or only listed on facebook, that I found this to be useful. 🙂 

How to Create a Maps ListingHow to Create a Maps Listingliberty center.jpg

Cincinnati, OH, United States
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Hosting a Meetup

Hi @AubreyB

Generally home businesses should not be on Google Maps unless people can actually go there to undertake business. If there is a shop, barber, massage, etc. then these could go on Maps.

Hosting a meetup to promote adding businesses in general is a good idea. Perhaps you might consider joining the Trusted Street View program as you will get access to resources and tools to facilitate such a meetup.

Regards

Paul

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @AubreyB

Generally home businesses should not be on Google Maps unless people can actually go there to undertake business. If there is a shop, barber, massage, etc. then these could go on Maps.

Hosting a meetup to promote adding businesses in general is a good idea. Perhaps you might consider joining the Trusted Street View program as you will get access to resources and tools to facilitate such a meetup.

Regards

Paul

Level 8

As a mom, most women I know conduct business out of their home. From music teacher, to reading tutor, to photography, having a listing could really help them gain traction. Especially underpaid teachers who tutor all summer long out of their house to supplement low income. But even without adding home businesses, there are many many listings missing. I didn't realize it until spending a day shooting in a shopping mall only to find 10 stores out of 100 wrong or not listed.

If I host a meetup for just Cincinnati local guides it will be a lonely night. There aren't many of us and no previous meetups I can find. 😞

Connect Moderator

Hi @AubreyB perhaps I was not clear enough in my response. The kinds of businesses you describe where someone can come to you to conduct business e.g. tutor, photographer who have a studio in their home would be fine additions for Maps. 

If people cannot go to the place to conduct business then it has no place on Maps. Maps is about finding places and businesses.

Regards

Paul