LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[History of IT] The first videogame

In the previous episodes we learn when the first transistor was built, how they packed thousands of them into a single chip, and the first personal computer.

Now, because, you know, videogames are the first thing... here is the today pill about the first videogame ever played!

The record setter was a Tic-Tac-Toe machine, built in 1950 by Dr. Josef Kates for the 1950 Canadian National Exhibition.

Cumj5P1

But this is so far from our videogame definition... so i will talk about "Tennis for two", how they called when has been presented in 1958.

Created by American physicist William Higinbotham for visitors at the Brookhaven National Laboratory is the first real game, not created only as technology demostration.

cE5xQ4D

This was an amazing piece of hw and some software, built around an analogue computer and an oscilloscope as main interface.

Players used a rotary controller to move the paddles in the screen... and, you know... that was the father of PONG!

Please, notice how much real is the physics around the game!

3 comments
Level 8

Re: [History of IT] The first videogame

Hii @LucioV

It was a great invention

I think you researching in IT

Thanks for your valuable information.

Level 8

The Physics is a  important element in all the computer science process @LucioV, ReallyThanks for sharing this great post with us mate!

Level 10

I'm in love with IT history. The world is so fast nowadays,  so I think sometimes we should stop and think about all the progress we made in the last years.