Emmik20's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Historic landmarks from Ufa City - #Google Map landmarks Icons Challenge.

Caption : A Map featuring Google map icons with pictures , some  icons are located in the North and cannot be featured on a screen shot.Caption : A Map featuring Google map icons with pictures , some icons are located in the North and cannot be featured on a screen shot.

A post in participation of Google Map Landmarks Icons Challenge  initiated by @Tushar_Suradkar  .

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Google-Maps-Landmark-Icons-Challenge/td-p/2... 

The topic arose my interest and see It as an opportunity to feature mostly landmarks unknown to outside world.Caption :  A monument of Salavat Yulaev on the hill at Vatan park.Caption : A monument of Salavat Yulaev on the hill at Vatan park.

1️⃣The first on my list is Monument of Salavat Yulaev , he was warrior of the Bashkirs. His huge statue is located at a popular park and specially situated on a hill where visitors entering the city on train or by taxi could easily see it.

aption : Friendship Monument commissioned in celebration of  400 years of Bashkir accession to Russia federation.aption : Friendship Monument commissioned in celebration of 400 years of Bashkir accession to Russia federation.2️⃣Next is the Friendship Monument  which commemorates 400 years accession of Bashkiria into Russia. It is a solidly built structure on a hill.  It is master piece of art. There is no way visitors will not be impressed by the monument.

3️⃣ The Bridge of Lovers  is suspended bridge on another hill and overlooks an Iconic city arch bridge and River 

Caption : Picture of Arch Bridge , River Belaya and  Surrounding forest  from the lovers Bridge.Caption : Picture of Arch Bridge , River Belaya and Surrounding forest from the lovers Bridge.Belaya. It is one place couples visit to bind marriage vows and take nice pictures. Tourists as well as locals are not left out, it is place we all visit to take pictures with amazing background of a bridge, river, and forest.

Caption : Bashkiria State Administrative Building.Caption : Bashkiria State Administrative Building.4️⃣Next is Ufa White House  as locals preferred to call it. It is an impressive edifice and office of the state governor. Around it is a park, a garden and an alley. The environ is quite serene and ideal for nice photo shots.

5️⃣Lala Tulpan Mosque  (Tulip in Bloom) is one of the largest mosques in Russia. It is not just a Mosque but a Caption: Minarets of Lala Tulpan Mosque and a stair , picture taken from the back of the Mosque.Caption: Minarets of Lala Tulpan Mosque and a stair , picture taken from the back of the Mosque.cultural Center and bear the stamp of state historic landmarks. It is a place where important activities are held in the city and open to everyone irrespective of their religious affiliation. Tourist are welcome and are free to take pictures as much as they want.

Caption : Mother of Fallen of Hero .Caption : Mother of Fallen of Hero .6️⃣Monument of Mother  is what a visitor makes of it. It is a monument to the mothers of fallen heroes.  While some tourist come to pay homage, some come to take pictures, whatever one makes of it, is an historic monument in the city, bear the state stamp and worth visiting.

There are other hundreds of historic monuments in the city equally featured on Google map. Here is a list of ten of them.

1. Seven Sky Wheel 
  2. Monument of Home Front Workers 
  3. Vladimir Lenin 
  4. Ferris Wheel 
  5. National museum of Republic of Bashkortostan 
  6. Memorial house museum AE Tyulkina 
  7. Seven Sisters of Bashkiria 
  8. Samolet An-24B 
  9. Heroes of the October Revolution and the Civil War 
  10. Christmas of the Blessed Virgin Cathedral 
Ufa, Russia
16 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Historic landmarks from Ufa City - #GoogleMapIconsChallenge.

Thank you for sharing the top landmark places in Ufa City.

That is a superb collage @Emmik20 and you have taken the challenge to the next level.

Can you please also link to my article from your post?

Level 9

Re: Historic landmarks from Ufa City - #GoogleMapIconsChallenge.

Hello @Tushar_Suradkar  Thanks for commendation, as well as initiating the Google Map landmarks Icons challenge . It serve a good purpose . For me I see it as opportunity to feature landmarks that people don't know much about in Ufa.

I have added the link to your post.

Level 9

Re: Historic landmarks from Ufa City - #Google Map landmarks Icons Challenge.

Oh! How I love the White house! SUCH an idyllic building  with a Garden next to it seems like an ideal place to spend a Quiet afternoon. Is it always bustling and can one manage to get a quiet time? @Emmik20 

Level 9

Hello @Ewaade_3A  I myself the like the Ufimsky white house, as it is popular known . Contrary , One would have expected it to be busy all day long but it was not like that. it is a quite place . You only see students from the university of medicine nearby coming to take pictures. And that's all.

I myself was at first time surprised to see a governor office this quiet . later , I realised things are done mostly at the ministry offices .

Level 9

Ahah, now, you know where I am.coming from 😀

Awa eyan 'Your Excellency'

@Emmik20 

Level 9

Hello @Ewaade_3A  " Awon eyan your Excellency " are every where. They are there too in Ufa. They usually  meet the governor at resorts outside the city wall. I just arrived at project in a town called Awiel in South Sudan. The internet is too slow. 

Connect Moderator

Nice one bro @Emmik20 Well-done  I love to participate in challenge post or monthlytopic on connect but hela we don't have this icons yet in west Africa.

Will be on the lockout all the same.

Thanks for sharing this,nice shots 👍 

Cheers

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 9

Oh, I see.

At least, you touch foot in Africa,  close your eyes for a moment and pretend to be home. I wish you a safe trip and safe return to Russia. 

Always know, there is no rush, anytime you reply is the right time @Emmik20 

Level 9

Hello @SholaIB  Thanks for the comment. I like to participate in monthly challenge too. In Russia, there lot of iconic landmarks to see in one area but in west Africa you really have to take a long walk to see them.