Sam_C's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Hi from Melbourne 🇦🇺

Hi guys,

SamC here from Melbourne, Australia. Just thought I'd take a moment out of my Sunday to say Hi and give you an insight into why I love being a local guide in my neighbourhood and beyond.

I personally rely on Google Guides when I'm looking for a new hotspot locally or when I'm travelling abroad, so I think it's only natural to pay it back and give my personal opinion or insight into a venue, restaurant, cafe or tourist destination that others are likely to visit. I'm a dog owner too, so it always proves helpful when someone else lets me know a place is dog friendly. It takes the guesswork out of visiting a new place and I can visit with the certainty of knowing what to expect and that Lola will be welcome.

I generally love to review cafes, restaurants, shops, parks and any new spot that sparks my interest. I'm always on the lookout for new spots and areas to discover!

I love helping people and in my previous role as a small business owner, I was looked upon as a local guide to direct tourists and locals to the "in" spots within my community. For me, Google Guides allows me to continue my love of helping others and connects me to a wider community of like-minded individuals.

I hope I get the opportunity to connect with you guys at Connect Live 2018. Good luck to all the other entrants and I look forward to reading your introductions in this forum.

Melbourne VIC, Australia
1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Hi from Melbourne 🇦🇺

@Sam_C Hi !

@parisjustinblake Hi!

A warm welcome to the Local Guides Connect Official Community and thanks for your posting on Connect. We are so happy to have you hereS.

You are write well and its good introduction .Keep sharing your expertise .....

Some useful tips & trics for using this community:

1. PleaseSearch the communitybefore posting new question, there are many question like yours are already solved with best answer.
  2. If you are a new to this Forum, Please introduce yourself in this thread- Introduce Yourself – April 2018
  3. Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead.
  4. Before make any new post, read this board topics to know about the forum usage and ideas Non Stop Help Desk
  5. Visit Share your Photos & Discoveries board to know, how to share photos or photo stories on connect - Share Your Photos & Discoveries and Photography .
  6. Want to see the world? Visit the Travel and Advice board.

To know about completely Local Guides Program :

Happy Guiding !!

Happy Mapping !!