HiroyukiTakisawa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Helpful tips for writing a good post

howtowrite.jpg

We can post various posts on Local Guides Connect. It is a good opportunity for sharing good places, your experience, or your idea. Let's post a good post and to enjoy it to a lot of local guides all over the world.

This time, I introduce my basic ways of posting as a reference.

1. Add photos

At least, please add one photo for your post. On the index page, posts are arranged together with the title and the thumbnail photo. The beautiful or interesting thumbnail will attract attention and increase the number of readers.

2. Share the link of Google Map

In the case of introducing a place on the map, share the link of Google Map together with the name of the place. As we are local guides, let's utilize the Google Map aggressively. The link of Google Map is able to get from the Share button on the map.

3. Write about an informative topic

If you post a short introduction post of a place, it may be almost the same as a review on the Google Map. Please share the reason why you want to share about it, or why it is informative for local guides. The story itself will be a reason to read your post.

4. Write simply

Most of us would like to read many posts as much as possible. Therefore, a simple and easy post is kind for readers. And it will help to be easy to translate your post to foreign languages by auto translation.

5. Utilize Rich Text Editor

We can use Rich Text Editor when we write a post on Local Guides Connect. You can bold a heading, link on a text, and make a list. Please use them for making your post easy to read. And before pushing the Publish button, I recommend you to use the preview feature.

6. Use properly tagging

Tagging is a useful feature for telling your post to tagged users. If you have some related users, let's tell your post to them. However, don't use this feature to not related users. You can tagging up to 10 users in a post.

7. Write a draft using another text editor

There is an autosave function in Local Guides Connect. However, the draft often disappears because of some reasons. I recommend you to use another text editor for writing a draft of your post.

Some of the tips are duplicated, but please read these post too. 14 helpful tips for using Connect by @TraciC and How do I write a post on Connect? by @AriMar.

I'm looking forward to reading your wonderful post!

31 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Helpful tips for writing a good post

日本のローカルガイド向けに日本語版を用意しました。

ローカルガイドコネクトでは様々な記事を投稿することができます。投稿は皆さんの地域の面白い場所やアイディアを共有することのできる素晴らしい機会です。素敵な記事を投稿して、より多くの人に記事を楽しんでもらいましょう。
今回は参考までに私の投稿方法をご紹介します。

1.写真(画像)を挿入する
少なくとも1枚以上の写真を使用しましょう。記事一覧画面ではタイトルと共にサムネイルが表示されます。きれいな写真や面白い画像は見る人の目を引き、投稿をより多くの人に見てもらうきっかけになります。

2.Google Mapのリンクを貼る
場所の紹介をする時にはその場所の名前と一緒にGoogle Mapへのリンクをはりましょう。私たちはローカルガイドですので、地図を積極的に活用していきましょう。Google Mapへの共有リンクはGoogle Map上の共有ボタンから取得できます。

3.有益な記事を投稿する
ただ単純に場所を紹介するだけであればGoogle Map上のレビューと同じです。なぜそこを紹介したいのか、または何がローカルガイドにとって有益な内容なのかを考えて記事を書きましょう。

4.わかりやすく伝える
わかり易い表現で簡潔に書かれた記事はLocal Guides Connectの自動翻訳結果をより正確にします。また、読む人にとっても親切です。

5.リッチテキストエディタの機能を活用する
見出しを太字にしたり、URLをテキストで表示したりすることで記事を見やすくるすことができます。画像や動画の埋め込み、リストなどを必要に応じて活用して下さい。また、投稿前にはプレビュー機能で記事がどう見えるかを確認してから投稿しましょう。

6.タグ付けを適切に使う
@を使ったタグ付けは自分の投稿をほかのユーザに知らせるための便利な機能です。自分の投稿に関連のあるユーザがいる場合にはこの機能を利用して通知を送りましょう。また、この機能を利用する場合は関係のない人に通知を送らないように気をつけて、適切に利用して下さい。1つの記事で最大10人までタグ付けすることができます。

7.下書きは別のエディタで作成する
コネクトには投稿内容の自動保存機能がありますが、時間経過や多数の自動保存に伴って保存された内容が消えてしまうことがあります。下書きを作成する際は別のエディタを利用することをおすすめします。

一部重複している内容もありますが、 14 helpful tips for using Connect と How do I write a post on Connect? も併せて御覧ください。
みなさんの素敵な投稿を楽しみにしています:-)
Connect Moderator

Level 10

@HiroyukiTakisawa  Thank for the tips. Yes, I normally use another editor to write posts. As you said sometimes autosaved drafts get vanished. 

Level 9

@HiroyukiTakisawaAmazing tips ..and an amazing picture though 😄

I hope to see more of your posts. Thanks for sharing.

Level 10

@HiroyukiTakisawaYou definitely have a lot of experience. Your contributions and sound advice make a difference. Thanks for sharing.

Connect Moderator

Hi, @AnuradhaP 

Yes, it is. At first, I was troubled with the problem.
Do you have a recommended text editor? Usually, I'm using Google Docs or Keep.

Connect Moderator

Thank you @JafferA 
And I'm happy to hear that you like that pic. I'm going to use such a photo for a post from now on;)

Level 10

Bài viết rất có ích, cảm ơn bạn đã chia sẻ

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @O_Nate 
I'm referring your post too. Your posts are also great anytime!