Ji-sunS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Help with multiple accounts

I have multiple gmail accounts, and accidently signed up 2 of my gmail accounts with local guides. I want to exit one of my email accounts from local guides because it has been confusing trying to keep up with my contributions because I don't know which contributions are under which account.

My concern is that if I exit the program with one of my gmail accounts, will all of my contributions with that account link to my other registered account, or it won't? I don't want to lose my contributions.

Thank you for any help/feedback.

8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Help with multiple accounts

Hi @Ji-sunS, you can't transfer Local Guides contributions from one account to another. You need to pick one account and focus your contribution on that account only. If only one of the two accounts is a personal Gmail account (not a business or a school account), I suggest picking that one instead of the other. If both are personal Gmail account, then you need to decide on which one you want to keep. 

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @Ji-sunS, you can't transfer Local Guides contributions from one account to another. You need to pick one account and focus your contribution on that account only. If only one of the two accounts is a personal Gmail account (not a business or a school account), I suggest picking that one instead of the other. If both are personal Gmail account, then you need to decide on which one you want to keep. 

Connect Moderator

@Ji-sunS Hi 

Thanks for your posting..

I want to Say u that any Local Guides Haven't Permission to Use 2 Local Guides account ..  

So u r Right to take decision to Exit one Account... 

After exit U Will lose your all Contribution....  

So if u want To Collect your Contribution U can Copy your Contribution  ..

Open your maps  Then Open Menu option..

Click to Your Contribution  

Where u can See your Own contribution...  

Then it will easy for you to Decide which account have which Contribution...  

Then collecte Your Contributions Which are Useful for you using Copy or past or Download 

Then Exit That one which are Not need....

Level 2

Thank you both @iyudhi and @ShafiulB for your information.

I deleted my unwanted account, but now that I try to sign up for a contest on local guides, the other account (that I deleted) keeps appearing, as the account that I want to sign up for the contest. I don't know how to sign up with my current local guides account because there's no option offering to sign up with my other account.

Am I doing something wrong? Not sure why this is happening... 😕 

Connect Moderator

@Ji-sunS When you tried to sign up for the contest, which Google account are you currently logged in as? For example, are you currently signed in to Gmail / Chrome using that particular (unwanted) Google account? If yes, I suggest logging off from that account first and and log back in using the intended Google account.

If you're using the Chrome browser, you can also open Incognito mode. That way it will prompt you to sign in to the Google account when you're trying to enter the contest. When that happens, make sure to sign in using the Google account you want to use.

Level 2

Awesome!

Thank you so much @iyudhi! I will try that.

I am currently logged in on both, so that may be causing the issue. Thank you.

Let me try what you suggested.

Level 2

@iyudhi

Oh my gosh yes! You're the best!

It worked! Thank you so much!!

Connect Moderator

Awesome @Ji-sunS. Glad to hear that 🙂

Level 10

Your concerns are valid but I think there is no way one can use multiple accounts.

@Ji-sunS

@iyudhi

@ShafiulB