HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

HOW DOES GOOGLE MAPS KNOW THERE IS TRAFFIC?

One curious question. Have anyone ever thought of this. How does Google Maps know there is traffic on the road? 

Googleplex, Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA, United States
29 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: HOW DOES GOOGLE MAPS KNOW THERE IS TRAFFIC?

Level 8
Solution

Level 10

@Umashankar Thanks it really help me understand some things I was too lazy to make a research on 😊😊😊. Do you use maps to drive? 

Level 7

It might be rather simple. Most of the people have their location on most of the time and if they have allowed the application to send information to help google. They know where the person is, for how long have they been there and  how are they moving. 

Level 10

@Jnjoe Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You know what I was thinking. How is it possible google knows there is a traffic particularly on the road. I used to see that red segment most times I want to navigate. But today am curious so I want to know how 😊

Level 4

Thanks

Level 9

@HelloSamsonR 

The answer :

They count the numbers of the mobile phones on the street and the movement of that mobiles , all the new mobiles have GPS 🙂

Very smart simple way 🙂 😁👍😊📣😁

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

One curious question. Have anyone ever thought of this. How does Google Maps know there is traffic on the road? 

Level 9

@HelloSamsonR

I use it frequently and give me accurate results , keep on mind that the traffic is change every minute 👍📣👍

Level 10

Lol @OSAMA Lol 😂😂😂. Now u make me laugh. But wait, are you really sure that's the Google way 😊

Level 7