JuanCh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Googlers you'll meet at #LGSummit17

Just continuing with the previous post.. << I could only mention 10 persons per post >>, just appending.. 

Hi everyone! It's so nice to get to know all of you and thanks for the nice introductions. I will try my best to remember everyones' names when I get there. It's my first time joining a Google event, and that too in Google HQ, I am sure it would be amazing, and even more amazing to meet yourselves, the folks who are running the LG program and all the wonderful participants joining from all around the globe. Hope to meet all of you soon! It will be simply amazing..

Name: Stephen Abraham Loh
Fun Fact: I can't stop eating and looking for new food to try. From deep fried grasshoppers in Thailand (delicious), to super spicy Sichuan hotpot in South China, to crispy roast duck in Hong Kong, to Balut in the Philippines, to the amazing Durians in Malaysia, and to the wonderful toddy shops in South India and so much more.. so much to experience.. One day, we must get some Googlers to come visit Malaysia and we can go out for some food party marathon.

@Albry - The scariest thing I have done.. hmmm.. eating a Ghost Pepper.. OMG the burn for the next 1 day.. No more Ghost Pepper for me!

@CAlex - Wow.. amazing dive photos! Really amazing!

@HelloJess - Weight lifting?? Wow..

@ChristopheQ - We don't have snow where I come from (Malaysia), wish there could be some though.. I love my shaved ice popsicles.. in a way, I eat snow too! 🙂

@ChristinaCollada - Some day I will learn to play a musical instrument too... And at the moment, I can only squawk like a crow.. 😞

@ChrisDe - I'm planning to start my VLOG on food also!

@RioAkasaka - Travelling light is a real skill.. I can be your padawan..

@masterleo - That sword must be really really heavy!!

Connect Moderator

Absolutely loved reading through all of these Googler intros and learning more about each of you - so many amazing people make up the LG team! Can't wait to meet you all, including jumping again w/ @TraciC and meeting fellow Miamian @MegS!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 8

Hi Andrew @masterleo

See you soon. I love the fun fact and am glad that it worked. Hahahaaaa

Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes on Google Android 8.0

'Trust & Safety Global Product Policy' that's really interesting. 

Cheers

Former Google Contributor

Name: Nicole Fernandez

Team and Role: Google Maps - User Experience Researcher (focused on user-generated content and contributors)

Fun Fact: I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie and love any activity that gives you a rush, like sky diving or bungee jumping 🙂

My sister (left), our dog Paco, and me (right) after completing the SF Marathon in July!My sister (left), our dog Paco, and me (right) after completing the SF Marathon in July!

Name: Laura Slabin

Team and Role: Lead Content & Community at Google (Local Guides is part of that team)

Fun Fact: I have a green thumb and look forward to my garden each summer

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 8.55.44 AM.png

Level 9

@LSlabin even i like gardening ❤️

I starting working on Local Guides in Aug 2015 (helping with the switch from City Experts) then worked on our map-based contribution tools for Check the Facts and Uncover Missing Info. I'm really looking forward to talking to users, finding out how they use the tools and how we can make them better.

Name: Fergal Daly

Team and Role: Missing Info/Check the Facts - Engineer

Fun Fact: I have a lot of potato trivia.

IMG_20170903_130217 (1).jpg

Name: Bryan Cheng

Team and Role: Local Guides PM

Fun Fact: I used to be a professional ultimate player when I was in the states.

17492663_10155231657485972_8841965095912554952_o.jpg

Cutest dog ever right? 😃

Hi everyone! I'm excited to share that I will be popping by the Summit on Wednesday to see everyone. Be sure to say hello 🙂 

Name: Corrie Davidson

Location: NYC (Formerly San Francisco and Washington, D.C. for you Local Guide OGs)

Team and Role: News, Program Manager (formerly Local Guides Community Lead -- much love family!)

Fun Fact: I once high-fived President Obama while dressed up like a cartoon character at the White House.  

Corrie mapping the airport in HondurasCorrie mapping the airport in Honduras

Connect Moderator

Wow.. so many Googlers attending this year.. no surprise as we've doubled from last year! Good luck herding us from venue to venue!! Can't wait to meet you all as well as fellow attendees! For all those flying soon... Have a safe trip! X

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews