Cccgipson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google One Perk

Today I got an email about trying Google One for free as a perk for being a local guide.  I clicked on the link to redeem the offer and the link says  "this special offer is no longer available but you can still sign up for Google One." The email is only about 3 hours old and it's expired already? What's up with that?

Anybody else have this experience?

283 comments
Level 8

Google offers

I received this email but the link is not working 25 minutes after receiving and Google One refused to help me.

As a Local Guide, you can try Google One for free
We know Local Guides love Google perks, and here's a new one for top contributors: get a free Google One membership for 12 months! Google One gives you 2TB of storage, access to a team of experts, and more benefits across Google. Plus, you can share the membership with up to 5 additional family members. 

Redeem with your unique link before November 17, 2018
Level 8

Unable to redeem Google One perk

Hi, I just received an email from the Local Guide Perks with the Subject line: "Local Guides perk: Free trial with Google One" In it, it says:

As a Local Guide, you can try Google One for free

We know Local Guides love Google perks, and here's a new one for top contributors: get a free Google One membership for 3 months! Google One gives you 100GB of storage, access to a team of experts, and more benefits across Google. Plus, you can share the membership with up to 5 additional family members. 

Redeem with your unique link before November 17, 2018

When I click on the "Redeem now" button, further below on the page, it loads a new screen and asks me to log in with my Local Guide google account, which I do. As soon as I log in with the account, it loads the following screen:

Can't redeem offer

This special offer is no longer available, but you can still sign up for Google One

How is this possible? The email, which I received MINUTES ago, clearly states that the offer is available until Nov 17, 2018, which has not yet passed. Why am I unable to redeem this offer? 

Level 8

Local Guides perk: Free trial with Google One

Got this email saying i can get a free Google One membership for 12 months! 

then i press Redeem now button and get this

2018-10-17 16-04-26.jpg

What i am doing wrong?

Level 7

Google One offer errors

I just received a Google Guides perk of 3 Months free of Google one. However, none of the links in the email worked? I either received a 404 error or a Can't redeem offer message? 

Level 5

Re: Google One offer errors

Same here.   

Level 8

Re: Google One Perk

Same here.

And Google One will not work for pretty much everyone in this community as most everyone I would assume has the early adopter bonus on their Google Drive account. Google One has a little known bug that doesn't allow anyone with free bonus storage to upgrade to Google One paid or unpaid. Months ago Google One went wide adoption and months before that it went to paying customers. I am a paying customers and have 2x received an email saying I am being upgraded to Google One. But it never happens because I have several free perks on my Drive account (early adopter, 2015 security check up, and paid bonuses).

Level 8

Re: Local Guides perk: Free trial with Google One

It seems it works only for US region.

You can check your region settings in Google Pay Settings https://pay.google.com/payments/u/0/home#settings

Level 8

Had the same situation happen here.  I wish Google would give better perks and more incentive to all the hard work and benefits that local guides provide to the community...not to mention making their own software better for them!

Level 10

Wow! 🙂 I think you have been touched by a special test! Maybe the test will become a reality for all the Local Guides in the future!