DrWitt's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Google Local Guide

Hello, I am new to the Local Guides Connect community and I have a question.

Do you get any privileges/rewards for achieving certain levels as a Local Guide?

Thank you very much 🙂

Best Regards,

DrWitt.

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Google Local Guide

Hi @DrWitt

The main reward is helping other people with your reviews, edits and photos in the same way that you are helped by the same from other people. Being a Local Guide is an altruistic undertaking. Of course it strengthens the data held by Google and makes Maps a better product but that is still an advantage for the people who use the product.

Each perk only runs for a certain amount of time. It is your responsibility as a Local Guide to understand the limitations and keep yourself up to date. Keep an eye out for announcements for new perks.

Regards Paul

View solution in original post

Level 8

@DrWitt

Welcome to local guide connect community

As you asked

Yes you can earn Parks actually 

And you can apply for summit if you're fortunate than you will get a invitation to attend tue summit (but this year still no announcement yet)

IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR PARKS YOU WILL BE NOTIFY THROUGH EMAIL BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENABLE THAT OPTION

Go to this link 👇👇👇

https://maps.google.com/localguides/home?utm_source=web_app_manifest

then go to settings stroll down you will find Email preferance tick the first option PARKS and save thatScreenshot_20180224-164422.png

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @DrWitt

The main reward is helping other people with your reviews, edits and photos in the same way that you are helped by the same from other people. Being a Local Guide is an altruistic undertaking. Of course it strengthens the data held by Google and makes Maps a better product but that is still an advantage for the people who use the product.

Each perk only runs for a certain amount of time. It is your responsibility as a Local Guide to understand the limitations and keep yourself up to date. Keep an eye out for announcements for new perks.

Regards Paul

Level 5

Thanks very much Paul 🙂 Your response helped me a lot!

Best Regards,

DrWitt.

Level 5

Thank you very much Ayann 🙂 Now I actually understand what perks are and how they work!

Best Regards,

DrWitt.

Level 8

@DrWitt Main reason behind making local guide platform is to place each and every hidden destination online .

It's is to help worldwide peoples to search the locations .

However, levels determine your contributions and google host a Universal local guide Summit every year in which you also can participate .

Regards 

Anurag Sanadhya

India

Level 8

The blessings and their wishes. Helping others is a great rewards you get