TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

I agree.  I think that it would behoove Google to make level goal rewards permanent, if smaller.  I joined specifically for this, and when I discovered the storage was basically nothing more than a 1 year promotional coupon it completely demotivated me from contributing.  My ratings and reviews don't expire after a year, so why should the incentives?  I'd be happier if I got a permanent 10GB every 5 levels or similar.

Level 9

Redeeming Google Drive storage

Hello!

I recently came across the post by one of the moderator that redeeming your 100GB storage promotion is ending this march.

My question is that. When this project was rolled. I never received a notification about redeeming the points. Also I was not aware that you get a 30 days window period before which you can redeem your storage space. And by the time I joined local guides connect, I was already map maker contributor and when I enrolled for local guides I was already in level 4. 

How Can I redeem my space.

Thank you

JonasK

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 5

Re: Redeeming Google Drive storage

I basically have two takeaways from this development. 

1) This clearly tells me that Google had enough of the program and does not wish to encourage any further contributions. In terms of perks, level 4 now is more like purgatory than one step from the maximum. Level 3's get their badge and level 5's get their everything, which leaves level 4's in limbo with basically sweet FA.

2) I bumped into a page that showed the number of users per level (unfortunately I can't find it again so if anyone could link me to it, I'd be grateful) and the number of level 5's was positively tiny. While level 5's no doubt produce multiples of the ordinary output with a much higher quality it is also clear that the number is inadequate to cover everything. 

These two facts combined, basically tell me that Google is slowly disengaging itself from the experiment while allowing it barely enough breathing space for the voluntary contributions to continue as long as they don't require any inducement or incentive. I'd be surprised if the whole thing is still around this time next year! This is Google after all.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Sotiris_S. We have never published the number of Local Guides by level but I can tell you that there are over 10 million around the world. You may have seen shares of the numbers of people who have unlocked badges here on Connect, but that represents a small portion of Local Guides. We are constantly evolving the Local Guides program and our benefits rotate. While its true that the Drive promotion was one of our longest running promotions, it was simply a promotion. We are excited to share new changes coming to Local Guides over the rest of the year. 

Level 4

No body told me that I have to redeem within 1 month

Hello

I didn't redeem my 100 GB storage, because I didn't know that I have to redeem within 1 month 

It was not mentioned anywhere.

What Can I do to redeem it now. I feel like my reviews as local guide were all pointless.

Can you help please.

Level 7

PLEASE HELP WITH FREE STORAGE - LEVEL 4

Please help:

Hi, I'm #LocalGuides level 4, with 1Million+ Photo Views, BUT my Drive is still only 15GB!! WHY?

How do I get the code to upgrade to 100GB before promotion ends?

THANKS!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @JonasKL. I see that you reached Level 4 in September 2016. You would have received an email then celebrating achieving Level 4 and encouraging you to visit your profile where you would have been able to unlock the code. 

As noted in our Help Center, the benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year. If the code is not available to you when you visit Local Guides Home it is past those 30 days and we are unable to troubleshoot or award a new Drive storage code.

Level 7

FredrickG wrote
<snip>
Are we sure they aren't giving the kudos for the kudo points? 

If that is part of the noise in the system it is running at a low level in this thread - the Kudos are clustered around specific posts rather than being evenly distributed.

Using the forum tools the main abuse of the Kudos system I have spotted is people consistently giving a friend a Kudos in return for the friend giving them a Kudos. *Some* of the people with a high Kudos count have mainly got them from one person.

Level 9

Hello @Corrie

It is soo dissapointing that they had to give a 30 day window period. But I hope next time. It will be better.

Thank you.

JonasK

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 10

@Petersoniq wrote:

FredrickG wrote
<snip>
Are we sure they aren't giving the kudos for the kudo points? 

If that is part of the noise in the system it is running at a low level in this thread - the Kudos are clustered around specific posts rather than being evenly distributed.

Using the forum tools the main abuse of the Kudos system I have spotted is people consistently giving a friend a Kudos in return for the friend giving them a Kudos. *Some* of the people with a high Kudos count have mainly got them from one person.

Not sure that this is a point at all @PeterGO

We, LG with a lot of kudos, ourselves reported users that gave kudos after registration, without posting something.

I can tell you, as a LG with an high kudo count, 2655 at this point, that i've received kudos from a lot of users, not always the same user:

Kudos received, ordered by number/peopleKudos received, ordered by number/people

Anyway, kudos are only a game 😉

Contributions in maps are the real challenge, and quality, of course.

I hope that all LG will receive free space for contributions, and that this space will not lower the Google Drive space; this could be more fair, as we are producing great content for free 🙂