TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

I reached level 4 on February 16th 2017, but I didn't get my 100gb bonus with google drive. I don't have any link to activate my bonus on https://maps.google.com/localguides/home?hl=fr .

Could you help me?

Former Google Contributor

Hi @YoannB,

I'll write you a private message about this.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

Re: Mensaje enviado por Google hoy sobre el espacio en Drive

Hola @DavidChorda,

Puedes ver la respuesta a tu pregunta en este hilo (al que he movido tu mensaje), pero te lo pego aquí. Puedes usar Google Translate que está integrado en todo el sitio.

I just reached Level 4, how do I redeem my benefit?

You can visit Local Guides Home to access your free Drive storage code. The benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year.

Note: Please be sure to activate the Drive storage code on the same account that you would like to apply the additional drive storage. We are unable to reverse Drive storage activations or change the account once the code has been activated.

I already reached Level 4 but never redeemed by benefit; do I still get it?

As noted in our Help Center (and in the email you received notifying you about the benefit upon reaching Level 4 if you receive benefit emails), the benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year. If the code is not available to you when you visit Local Guides Home it is past those 30 days and we are unable to troubleshoot or award a new Drive storage code.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

Unfortunately @aymericb, you became Level 4 more than 30 days ago, so we are unable to troubleshoot or award a new Drive storage code.

Level 4

It's very interesting to see that the only guides seeing the good in this move are Level 5. I guess it's coz by the time your contribution reaches that level there's enough nostalgia to contribute, so the perks stop being that much of a motivation. I personally don't know what I'll do with my newly revamped storage (what a good time to clock Level 4), considering I'm yet to exhaust my free 15GB plan, but I guess I'm just the type that would rather have it and not need it, than need it but not have it.

Regardless, I'm also curious to see where this goes.

Level 5

Hi @JuanCh Me puedes ayudar, por favor. Yo alcance el nivel 4 desde el año pasado, ahora soy nivel 5 con 601 puntos. En agosto me llego un correo diciendo que podía canjear el cupón y No he podido canjearlo desde esa fecha, el correo solo me lleva a  mi pagina y no me aparece ninguna opción para habilitar mis 100gb en google drive. Han pasado ya 6 meses y nada. Solo que no había reclamado antes porque no sabia donde hacerlo. Antier me llego un nuevo correo donde decía que podía canjear el cupón de drive antes del 17 de este mes. Y NO HE PODIDO Gracias.

Level 7

@FredrickG wrote:

It's very interesting to see that the only guides seeing the good in this move are Level 5. I guess it's coz by the time your contribution reaches that level there's enough nostalgia to contribute, so the perks stop being that much of a motivation <snip>

Correlation is not causality. For example it could be that overall Level 5 guides have been guides for longer and more likely to have witnessed the system being abused; it could be that Level 5 guides are more confident/willing to put their heads above the parapet in the face of naysayers; etc. etc..

But if you look harder you will find your supposition is false. For example if you look at the people giving Kudos to the people who post that it is a good move you will see a whole range of guide levels.

Hola @TecnoD.

El mail de ayer se refiere a que, aunque el beneficio de Drive vaya a dejar de estar disponible, todos los Local Guides que lleguen al nivel 4 entre ayer y el 17 de marzo podrán obtener su 100GB. Pero este beneficio hay que canjearlo en un plazo de 30 días, pasado este plazo no podemos hacer nada ni asignar un nuevo código, lamentablemente.

Level 4

Re: Redeem your Google Drive storage - 30 day expiry

The irony in your statement says it all, and it just made my day. I think the fact that they're already killing the program means as much as they were willing to offer the promotional cloud storage, they weren't that upbeat about those who renewed them, so they wouldn't go an extra mile towards reminding you to redeem your code. I remember some other time when they were awarding that same capacity when you buy a Huawei Mate 7. I only learned about it when setting up my Google account. I never received a reminder on its activation till later on while I was going through the phone and sort of 'bumped' into it.

Lesson learned: Get the goodies immediately you bump into them.

Level 4

Correlation is not causality. For example it could be that overall Level 5 guides have been guides for longer and more likely to have witnessed the system being abused; it could be that Level 5 guides are more confident/willing to put their heads above the parapet in the face of naysayers; etc. etc..

It's true that correlation is not causality, and your explanation is very sound. By rising through the ranks, one gets more access to the system, and thus is able to witness its abuse, hence the ability to make edits and report 'malpractice'. Various conclusions can come from the data available for analysis, mine being an example.

But if you look harder you will find your supposition is false. For example if you look at the people giving Kudos to the people who post that it is a good move you will see a whole range of guide levels.

Are we sure they aren't giving the kudos for the kudo points? The effects of the satisfaction that comes with recognition from Google through the badges reward program cannot be downplayed. Maybe I'm also posting this reply for recognition and for the Kudos, and maybe I give kudos for the points and the badges. The dynamics of self-recognition are at play here. People do what they do for a myriad reasons, that's why we need mods, the percieved judges and regulators of sense in the platform 🙂