catesby5's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Gold Tips | Where do I start?

Hi, there.

For those who are more experienced and want to show how to keep things done please share tips that would be awesome for the ones who are starting now.

Thanks.

Homero.

8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Gold Tips | Where do I start?

Hello catesby5 the thing to remember is that you are trying to be helpful and informative with your reviews and pictures. always keep a positive attitude when posting. for example if you are at a restaurant describe the atmosphere, the decorations, the people, the attitude of the staff, the food and its presentation. try to match your description to the photos you take so the persons reading your review can see and hear your description in the photos and text. if you have a bad experience somewhere remember to give them the benefit of the doubt, every place has a bad day from time to time, so be kind and polite in your reviews and always give a bad experience another try later. Maybe even hold off on a bad review until a second visit.

Try to go places that haven't been reviewed or photographed a thousand times already, try the little places, private owned mom and pop stores and cafes. The more interesting and unique the venue the better.

always check your spelling and grammar and read your review to yourself before posting, also check your photos to make sure they are focused and clear and present what you want others to see. you will get better at all of these things as time goes on. Keep reviewing and taking pictures and meeting people along the way. always remember if you find mistakes on the map spend some time correcting them, this is an important part of what we do as local guides.

View solution in original post

Level 8

@catesby5 welcome to the community. My tips would be to remember everywhere you go could be a place that someone else wants to go but just isn't sure and your picture or review, might help guide them in the right direction. Every picture, every rating, and every review helps the rest of the world. Keep up the good work and thanks for helping to make the world a better place.

Level 5

@N4speed77 wrote:

@catesby5 welcome to the community. My tips would be to remember everywhere you go could be a place that someone else wants to go but just isn't sure and your picture or review, might help guide them in the right direction. Every picture, every rating, and every review helps the rest of the world. Keep up the good work and thanks for helping to make the world a better place.

Connect Moderator

Hi @catesby5, I have already published a number of posts that might be helpful. Here is the most recent one:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Best-Practice-Correcting-errors-you-acciden...

At the bottom of that post there are links to the other ones 

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8
Solution

Hello catesby5 the thing to remember is that you are trying to be helpful and informative with your reviews and pictures. always keep a positive attitude when posting. for example if you are at a restaurant describe the atmosphere, the decorations, the people, the attitude of the staff, the food and its presentation. try to match your description to the photos you take so the persons reading your review can see and hear your description in the photos and text. if you have a bad experience somewhere remember to give them the benefit of the doubt, every place has a bad day from time to time, so be kind and polite in your reviews and always give a bad experience another try later. Maybe even hold off on a bad review until a second visit.

Try to go places that haven't been reviewed or photographed a thousand times already, try the little places, private owned mom and pop stores and cafes. The more interesting and unique the venue the better.

always check your spelling and grammar and read your review to yourself before posting, also check your photos to make sure they are focused and clear and present what you want others to see. you will get better at all of these things as time goes on. Keep reviewing and taking pictures and meeting people along the way. always remember if you find mistakes on the map spend some time correcting them, this is an important part of what we do as local guides.

Level 5

Thanks.

It was useful.

Cheers.

Homero.

@JayAski wrote:

Level 7

Pick a day of the week and set aside time to guide, it can really become a hobby and so much fun! 

For photos I have found that early on weekends during non business hours will produce the best unobstructed pics of exterior, especially after a rain. Keep the sun at your back to provide best lighting. 

Level 5

Thanks for answering.
I appreciate that.
Cheers.

@GoogleGuideAR wrote:

Pick a day of the week and set aside time to guide, it can really become a hobby and so much fun! 

For photos I have found that early on weekends during non business hours will produce the best unobstructed pics of exterior, especially after a rain. Keep the sun at your back to provide best lighting. 

Level 7

시도해 봅니다received_1812547715490634.jpeg