BruceDM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: the Cheomseongdae Observatory, a tree-planting meet-up, and more

Every Friday, some of our Google Moderators roundup some of their favorite posts of the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week a tree-planting meet-up, a music challenge, and more.

@NadyaPN: For this week's Friday Favorites I've actually chosen two topics. @DoriyaKiz has posted two separate threads about a journey in South Korea. The first one, “Cheomseongdae Observatory [Gyeongju's Sight and Sounds, Part 1],” is about a peculiar landmark used for observing the stars back in the day. The second one, “Donggung Palace and Wolji Pond [Gyeongju's Sight and Sounds, Part 2],” is about a gorgeous palace and the park surrounding it. Both posts are accompanied by a thoughtful description, an honest review, travel tips, and high quality photos. It was a pleasure reading them!

Caption: A photo of the Cheomseongdae Observatory in Gyeongju, South Korea. (Local Guide @DoriyaKiz)Caption: A photo of the Cheomseongdae Observatory in Gyeongju, South Korea. (Local Guide @DoriyaKiz)

@MarinSt: Over the past few days, one of the posts that caught my attention was “10 Reasons why you should know Buenos Aires” by MaxWalsh. (Probably because of the first photo and the delicious-looking meat on it.) I have friends from Buenos Aires, who have been telling me a lot about Argentina and its capital, so I’m always curious to watch and read about the culture, architecture, cuisine, and wine. One of the most unique things that I recommend to get familiar with is “the mate” (reason #4). It is a drink, set and style of drinking like no other. These 10 reasons are enough to pause your Connect browsing for a while and book your flight to Buenos Aires.

@BruceDM: Connect Moderator @IlankovanT embodies the finest qualities of a Local Guide. He has planned many meet-ups in the past and is currently in preparation for his next “Free-Rain” meet-up in August in which he and a number of Local Guides will be planting up to 200 trees in much needed locations in Sri Lanka.

Caption: A photo of Local Guide @Kajan746 planting a tree. (Local Guide @IlankovanT)Caption: A photo of Local Guide @Kajan746 planting a tree. (Local Guide @IlankovanT)

For my Friday favorite this week, I wanted to go back in time to the recap of his first “Free-Rain” meet-up in which he and a number of Local Guides got together to plant 50 trees in and around his region. Within this post you can read the details of this incredible meet-up in which he and these environmental enthusiasts made a real difference in planting trees and receiving cooperation from the community every step of the way. The meet-up was a great success and as I mentioned before, IlankovanT will be running his next one in August 2018, scaling up from 50 trees to 200! I have no doubt that it will be an even greater success!

@Atsukot: I love this fun “Music Challenge” by @ValeriaAumasque! She asked Local Guides to share their favorite musician or singer from their own country or another country as a way to learn about other cultures through music. Check out her thread to learn more and don’t forget to participate in the challenge. It is not too late; this is an ongoing event! 🙂 I can’t wait to listen to the musicians you recommend.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Friday Favorites: the Cheomseongdae Observatory, a tree-planting meet-up, and more

I love friday fevorites post because always your team present us something different activities around the world and unique post . Thnaks a lot LG team  

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: the Cheomseongdae Observatory, a tree-planting meet-up, and more

Hi @BruceDM, Friday favorites always be my favorite! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 9

Wonderful post @BruceDM 🙂

thanks for adding the Lets Map Green posts 🙂 🙂

Level 3

Local Guides Connect is a very good site for us all because it enlightens our eyes about the oceans and so all,,,,I wish I will be at the mood of opening my country ,Ghana eye about the more country.I want everyone to be motivated and happy and let the world know that we own the world