DoriyaKiz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Donggung Palace and Wolji Pond [Gyeongju's Sight and Sounds, Part 2]

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-26 at 16.02.20 (8).jpeg

What it is: Donggung Palace and Wolji Pond used to be a secondary palace for the royals during Korea's Silla Period. Today, the place is a reconstruction of the ancient palace that gets turned into a magical light display during the night. Buildings and trees are fitted with colourful lights that form a beautiful reflection on the still waters of the lake.

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-26 at 16.02.20 (5).jpeg

Review: No doubt the place is really pretty and they also offered a brief history to the place, but wouldn't say that it's entirely really unique or different. It's just pretty.

There will also be loads of crowd during the night as many tours come here, so you'll sometimes need to jostle for a photo-taking spot. Make sure to bring a camera that can function well at night if you want to capture the photos of this place.

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-26 at 16.02.20 (11).jpeg

Additional tips: You can reach this place via public transport (a quick google search will help) and you'll need to pay an entrance fee as well. The place is like a park where visitors will need to follow a path to cover the place.

You can view my Google review here.

Korea
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Donggung Palace and Wolji Pond [Gyeongju's Sight and Sounds, Part 2]

Hey @DoriyaKiz

Thanks again for another amazing and detailed post. You kept your promise and I really appreciate it. 

Keep on sharing your discoveries with us. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Re: Donggung Palace and Wolji Pond [Gyeongju's Sight and Sounds, Part 2]

Will do 🙂
Thanks for your kind words!