IrrPavlova's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: a magical courtyard, a stormy night, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of their favorite posts that they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, we focused on Photography posts we enjoyed.

@Sorbe: This week, @Madina_Travelmanias post caught my attention with a very unique and particular place. Her post titled,Зеркальный дворик в Польше - Зеркало души,” which  translates to “Mirror yard in Poland - Mirror of the Soul,” brought us to Lodz, Poland. In her post, @Madina_Travelmania shares the story of how one artist transformed a gloomy courtyard into a magical place to visit.

Caption: A photo of a building covered in a mosaic made from reflective material with several windows in Łódź, Poland. (Local Guide @Madina_Travelmania)Caption: A photo of a building covered in a mosaic made from reflective material with several windows in Łódź, Poland. (Local Guide @Madina_Travelmania)@IrrPavlova: The photo shared by @DSDegochan in the post titled, “Una noche de tormenta,” (or “a stormy night”), is very hard to capture. This is what impressed me at first glance. The courage to take risks is one of the greatest qualities a photographer can possess. Many great shots can be taken during unusual circumstances. This post shows that @DSDegochan has learned how to embrace that.

@Ivi_Ge:  Looking through this week's posts, I came across Lera76's post, “Sky Magnificence of the Raja Ampat Islands.” The pure beauty swept me away to a place I never knew existed. The Raja Ampat archipelago sky is mesmerizing and for sure on my bucket list as a place to visit.

Caption: A photo of the sunset with pink, purple, blue, and yellow clouds in the sky above a street with cars in Szczecin, Poland. (Local Guide @SergV)Caption: A photo of the sunset with pink, purple, blue, and yellow clouds in the sky above a street with cars in Szczecin, Poland. (Local Guide @SergV)

@JavieraAu: What I most like in photography is that it gives us the ability to capture a place, a moment, or even a feeling. And it’s astounding when a single picture captures all three of those things. This is the reason why @SergV‘s post, “Even Szczecin. Poland,” impressed me the most this week. Using only his Samsung S7 mobile phone, he managed to catch great photos of this amazing Polish city and make it even more romantic.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
25 comments
Level 7

Re: Friday Favorites: a magical courtyard, a stormy night, and more

Thanks @IrrPavlova for your nice post.

Level 10

Wow! I love the mirror alley! Thanks for including in the friday favorites, totally lost the thread!

Level 3

Beautiful place i wish i was there to see the sky and wonderful place

Level 2

Wow, cool!Природа 04.jpg

Level 9

Hello @IrrPavlova

Thank you for sharing Friday Favorites a magical court. Also many thank to @Madina_Travelmania , @DSDegochan and @Lera76 for sharing post with us.

Level 9

Every Friday we are knowing different places Thank you @IrrPavlova sharing with us...

Connect Moderator

@IrrPavlova, fantastic that this time two posts about Poland has been highlighted!!!

We will have a closer look on Kraków next week and maybe there is coming more and more....

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Geo-Walk-Krak%C3%B3w/m-p/1084942

lokalny przewodnik

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 6

Para mi, es un placer unas hermosas fotos. Gracias por compartir con todos.

Felicitaciones a Polonia por sus lindas fotos del edificio y de las nubes. 

Un fuerte abrazo y sigan compartiendo con todos las maravillas de nuestro mundo. 

Level 6

Hermosisima foto....