DeniGu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Friday Favorites: a mountain range in Poland, attractions in Bhutan, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of their favorite posts that they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, we focused on great posts we read in the Travel section.

@DeniGu: My pick for this week is @KinWanGoGo’s “Attractions in BHUTAN...Part-4 : Hike to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten.” Get ready to go on a colorful (and powerful) journey to a unique Buddhist stupa in the great outdoors of Bhutan. This story fascinated me with its amazing photos of Bhutan’s lush greenery, terraced rice fields, and bright blue skies. @KinWanGoGo crosses rivers and suspended bridges to take us to a hidden gemKhamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten. If you’re like me, and exploring culture amidst nature is your idea of quality time, then this post is for you. Oh, and did I mention? From Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten you can head straight to three other interesting locations in Bhutan. Just make sure to follow the link-trails inside the post!

Caption: A photo of a footpath through a small forest on the way to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Choeten, a landmark in Punakha, Bhutan. (Local Guide @KinWanGoGo)Caption: A photo of a footpath through a small forest on the way to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Choeten, a landmark in Punakha, Bhutan. (Local Guide @KinWanGoGo)

@NadyaPN: Travelling is not always about visiting famous buildings or making your way in bustling squares. In @FaridTDF's “Traveling as a Local - Parque el Rey - Salta,” I found a piece of tranquility which I want to share with you this week. His detailed narrative takes you off the busy highway and into a peaceful Argentinian national park. Take a stroll among the many birds and other animals, but don’t stay too late, unless you’ve brought your camping gear!

@GeorgesHR:  If you don’t know about the beauty of the Orlické Mountains (also called “Eagle Mountains”) yet, you’re in for a treat. @mqwadrat shows them to us in his post, “The Orlickie Mountains, forgotten place in the centre of Europe.” In addition to his great photos of the mountain range, @mqwadrat also shares information on how to get there from the Poland side and describes how peaceful it can be when you do.

Caption: A photo of the Orlické Mountains, a mountain range near Mostowice, Poland, taken on a cloudy day. (Local Guide @mqwadrat)Caption: A photo of the Orlické Mountains, a mountain range near Mostowice, Poland, taken on a cloudy day. (Local Guide @mqwadrat)

@MashaPS: This week, the Connect post I enjoyed reading the most was @StefaniaJustMe’s “Umbria, a cavallo sui Monti Sibillini.” @StefaniaJustMe not only trekked the beautiful region of Umbria, but she also did it on a horse! Her post features a vivid description of the area, amazing photos of Sibillini mountain, and really useful tips for those curious enough to follow her on this adventure. She also shared details about her meals. I can definitely imagine how wonderful the salami, cheese, and coffee was to enjoy among the slopes in the fresh air.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

16 comments
Level 9

Bls: Friday Favorites: a mountain range in Poland, attractions in Bhutan, and more

Wow.. ini cerita perjalanan yang sangat menarik. Terima kasih @DeniGu anda telah berbagi informasi di connect. Salam sukses 

Lera76
Level 10

Rif.: Friday Favorites: a mountain range in Poland, attractions in Bhutan, and more

I love these places where you can really relax in the middle of nature!

Thanks @DeniGu for sharing this beautiful photos and suggestions! 

Bye,

David

Level 10

Re: Friday Favorites: a mountain range in Poland, attractions in Bhutan, and more

Google Moderator

Bls: Friday Favorites: a mountain range in Poland, attractions in Bhutan, and more

Hi @Lera76,

Please excuse my reply in English.

I'm happy that you enjoy this Friday Favourite post. Best wishes to you, too!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Rif.: Friday Favorites: a mountain range in Poland, attractions in Bhutan, and more

I agree with you, @davidhyno. Nothing recharges me more than a day out in the nature. 🙂

Thank you for your kind words!

Level 8

Re: Friday Favorites: a mountain range in Poland, attractions in Bhutan, and more

Hello! @DeniGu  Thank you so much for this.

Google Moderator

Thanks, @LucioV! I'm glad you like our picks for this week. 🙂

Google Moderator

Thank you, too, @KinWanGoGo, for introducing some of Bhutan's wonderful attractions to us.

Looking forward to your next adventure!

Level 9

Hello @DeniGu

Thank you for sharing Friday Favorites, I have seen all of the posts. Many many thanks to @KinWanGoGo , @FaridTDF and @mqwadrat for sharing nice stories.