AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Four Google Moderators' favorite posts this week

Every Friday, our Google Moderators will celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect by rounding up some of their favorite posts. This week's Friday Favorites includes posts with photos of “the Southern pearl of Italy,” hot air balloons, and more.

@KlaudiyaG: People will book tickets to Naples so fast after reading this post that travel websites will crash. It has everything I like to see in a travel post. Great description of the places that everyone going there should check out. Very detailed information about the city and its history. Ivo9 also shared his personal point of view, which I think brings a nice touch to the post. Last but not least, the post is full of photos that show great architecture, delicious food and gorgeous museums in Naples, because who doesn’t love looking at pictures.

Caption: A collage of three photos that show colorful hot air balloons in the sky. (Local Guide Vinvan)Caption: A collage of three photos that show colorful hot air balloons in the sky. (Local Guide Vinvan)

@BruceDM: I like a post with interesting photos and a strong one I saw this week came from @VinVan and his post about Captivating Cappadocia. This post has photos from both the ground and from the view of a hot air balloon which I found fun. One of the photos shows a bunch of hot air balloons flying close to each other in the sky. This place definitely looks like a very interesting spot to visit! 

@GeorgesHR: I absolutely love seeing posts where the Local Guides community on Connect work together to achieve the same goal. A great example I came across recently was a post titled, “Can You tell me where is the location of this mosque,” in which @sofyanthayf wanted to find a certain mosque, but forgot the name. Local Guide @Badruddeen knew exactly who he could ask to help: @راضي. They worked together to successfully help @sofyanthayf find the mosque in question.

Caption: A photo of a group of people who attended a Local Guides workshop organized by the Centre for Heritage Studies at the University of Kelaniya in Sri Lanka. (Local Guide AnuradhaP)Caption: A photo of a group of people who attended a Local Guides workshop organized by the Centre for Heritage Studies at the University of Kelaniya in Sri Lanka. (Local Guide AnuradhaP)

@brittym: I’m over the moon about RECAP Google Maps for Heritage Researchers Workshop by @AnuradhaP. Anuradha presented a workshop at the University of Kelaniya in Sri Lanka for fellow heritage researchers about the ways they can use Google products, including Google Maps, to further their work. Attendance surpassed organizers’ expectations and more than 30 people signed up for Local Guides. But more than that, this post underscores the ways that Google can help people across the globe, including educators, to positively impact, learn, and study the world around them!

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites!

37 comments
Level 9

Re: Four Google Moderators' favorite posts this week

very nice initiative @AriMar :))))

very nice posts @KlaudiyaG 🙂

@AnuradhaP you look great :)))

Level 9

ok @AriMar we read many posts daily one of the posts that i like is

this post by  @Badruddeen from Maldive check the second photo Captured early morning and had a storm in the afternoon.   🙂

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/Baa-Atoll-Maldives-Photography/m-p/86015...

Google Editor

@OSAMA Wow! The photos @Badruddeen shared in that post are stunning. Now I need to book a trip...

Level 9

@AriMar great decision,  i am sure you will enjoy your trip to Maldives , and of course we have great local guide there 🙂

as we still talk about Maldives check this another stunning photos in this post too :)))

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/These-Epic-Underwater-Photos-Were-Shot-B...

after this i am sure you will think seriously to visit Maldives ASAP 🙂

Level 10

wow interesting things . hope now people more active now to see them in featured post 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

Hi @AriMar 

It's a best idea to motivate local guides,

And it's a great idea for local guides to write good content and share beautiful photos on connect,

Thank you

Level 9

I like this idea @AriMar. This will motivate our connect members to post good contents 😊

Level 10

@AriMar

It's very nice topic started for LG. Really appreciate it.

Thanks.

BM63
Level 8

@AriMar wrote:

@OSAMA Wow! The photos @Badruddeen shared in that post are stunning. Now I need to book a trip...

Hi Osama, Thanks

AriMar, Good decision. :))

Cheers