Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Forever Not Applied.

Anoher example found. The Name is a description and location. This not a company name trade mark. Whats the correct way to follow the rules?

Straßenmeisterei Ansfelden
Traunuferstraße 98, 4052 Ansfelden
0732 772042100

https://goo.gl/maps/AbH4YjoUYqr

Level 10

Re: Edits not published

Hello Zethab,

Have you gotten your husband to look at editing the locations? If so, did he have any luck?

Level 10

Dear diary,

Day eleven. We have traction! While I am waiting for certain other things to rocket to the moon, the moderators are really starting to look into things. We got a response from Gus, which was heartening. The algorithms must really be set at a high trust level now. I can only speculate from here, like I do quite often with the stock markets. Oh did I mention? I'm a day trader now as part of my profession, and don't work in an office no more. So how it might always seem that I'm online on Local Guides Connect, it's only due to the fact that I am always at my computer.

While MariaBi and a few other moderators have usefully condensed many of the posts and merged them to this seemingly 'Not Applied' master thread, there are still a community who are on the verge of giving up making edits. I collate them here on a daily basis to illustrate the current situation (that is, if there is one!).

My recent edits are all auto-rejected, WHY?

Why my changes are not applied?

Everything I edit automatically goes to "Not Applied"

Phone number rejected

Edits keep getting rejected. 😞

Frustrated

...as well as all the additional posts that have found their way to this thread. Who knows? It might simply just be a "glitch in the system". Your move Google, your local guides are losing heart. We will wait.

Connect Moderator

Those of you who are having issues, can you please PM me a link to your contributions page so I can see the kinds of edits you are doing.

Please also include

* Indicate if you are physically at the place you are editing and you have location enabled for Maps

* You are using Maps App or Maps Website

* You are doing them in small numbers or not - if you are doing bulk, how many are you doing and why.

I'll need to do some evaluation before I raise this with Googlers. Some people get turned off because, well, they should. I need to differentiate.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

@Briggs wrote:

Some examples of the things being rejected are:

- ST John Vianney's Primary to St John Vianney's Primary

- Moving the map marker to a more appropriate location (e.g. to the building instead of being on the street)

- Moving the map marker to the appropriate place within a shopping centre's indoor map.

- Putting in the correct shop category, from 'Establishment POI' (blank)

- Editing the name as per guidelines that I've constantly raved about all this time. I've used to just get pending edits but now it's immediately not applied.

Please see my request on the other post where you talked about this.

For your list above

• I understand some places like hospitals, medical centres, doctors, hospitals etc are "protected".
  • Moving a map marker for a claimed business usually fails because they tie it to SEO features
  • Moving a map marker within a shopping centre always fails - they're managed by the centre directly with Google generally
  • Shop category should work as long as the business is not claimed and you are physically there

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich, so I saw. I'll PM you eventually. I have other things to attend to.

But in regards to what exactly I'm editing, I've linked my personal 'Not Applied' Database in a previous post. You can access it in this link. Each one has a sheer explanation as to the explanation I have made.

While I do appreciate your responses to each of the the lists, I can't help but respond:

• I understand some places like hospitals, medical centres, doctors, hospitals etc are "protected".Point A.png

The edit in question previously was a school, only to change the ST to just St. Hospitals twice by the way. While I can understand some institutions are protected, these ones weren't. It would be nice to introduce yourself as "Hello, I graduated from Ashfield BOYS High School", the 'BOYS' was edited for capitalisation purposes. I guess the only real problems that I've had with such 'protected' institutions was Saint Constantine & Helen Greek Orthodox Church newton (yes that says newton), that's in Newtown. I've moved hospitals, schools, medical centres and churches before.

• Moving a map marker for a claimed business usually fails because they tie it to SEO features

Point B.pngYou will see that the majority of claimed businesses in the following point are indeed claimed. But to move a map marker for an unclaimed business also failing? Unfortunately there is no real explanation for such an oddity occurring.

• Moving a map marker within a shopping centre always fails - they're managed by the centre directly with Google generally

The edits at Carlingford Court.The edits at Carlingford Court.

The edits at Pemulwuy Marketplace.The edits at Pemulwuy Marketplace.Consider Carlingford Court and Pemulwuy Marketplace. On Thursday 5th October I walked through the entire shopping centre. I realised that although indoor maps were implemented in the centre, over half of the specialty stores were smack bang in the middle of the shopping centre, not situated in its correct location, and so as I was there, I freely moved everything. And everything was immediately approved. Quick and easy. A few days later at Pemulwuy Marketplace I did the same thing, and apart from a hybrid edit that included shortening an unusually not-up-to-standard name, all edits went through without a hitch. Therefore, the statement that advises that "moving a map marker within a shopping centre always fails" is unfortunately fallacious. Should that have been the case, I wouldn't be able to have made edits to East Village Shopping Centre, Stockland Wallsend, Birkenhead Point Outlet Centre, Stockland Baulkham Hills, Rouse Hill Town Centre, Richmond Marketplace and of course my very dear own Westfield Mount Druitt, that of which centre management know and acknowledge my contributions as a local guide. Gosh I should be employed by them.

• Shop category should work as long as the business is not claimed and you are physically therePoint D.pngAt 3:29pm, I stood in front of Shopping Paradise. This was the very first instance when I started to believe that something was very wrong, since I couldn't even add the category of "Variety store" of an unclaimeduncategorised business. To this day, that shop still doesn't have a category. Although ideally it should work, in this case unfortunately it did not. This (apart from the Neeta City era) was the first time I came across this error. I also couldn't update the category to "Discount store", both of which are viable, applicable categories for a store.

While I must apologise for such a blunt rebuttal to your statements, I am not doing anything out of the ordinary that I haven't been doing so for the last ten months. Again, I request you look into the database I have compiled above and carefully look at the edits I've made.

Of course, I would ask Sampson, Flash and yourself for more further information, but I've already reported enough. The only thing I can probably ask is, "What is the safest edit" that even a starting Level 1 Local Guide can make? Aside from hours.

I am very much passionate for a recovery and to find a collective solution for this. This has absolutely nothing to do with the actual edit I'm making, because clearly everyone has verified its legitimacy. It could be a trend in edits I'm making, or an analysis of my behaviour. Or as what Gus has said, the algorithms.

P.S. Edited for layout, apologies for notifications galore.

Level 9

Re: Place Creation Not applied (Problem with accents maybe ?)

regarding my problem, even the place I created withouth accents didn't work. It got "not applied" even though the place is there.... It is a bit

@GéraldM wrote:

Hello everyone,

that's the first time that I am bumping into this problem.

usually, when I add a place : I get an email just after adding it saying that the place is published or that is pending review.

But for this place called "Crêp'eat", I was surprised that I didn"t get any email after adding the place, and so I checked "my edits" panel, and I see that the addition of the place was not applied....

did the accents of the place (name) triggered some kind of filters and Google thought that it was spam or something like that ?

The place is new and I took some pictures of it). Then, since my addition was not working, I try adding it without the accents > and this time Google said "pending review"....

not applied.png

What do you think ? did you ever encounter that problem too ?

Thanks for your comments / 

Best regards.

Check out my virtual tours demo / "A camera is a save button for the mind's eye" - Geek quote 🙂 /

Generated using https://ndsmyter.be/local-guides-banner/
Level 6

Hi Briggs,

I forced  (😁) my husband to confirm the adress of the local school. The school is on the corner of the street, Maps reports the wrong road, as it everyone could see on the school website.

We are waiting....

Level 9

Re: Place Creation Not applied (Problem with accents maybe ?)

I see more and more, google does not want our work. As long as it is like a lottery if a change will applied, it is not possible to change or report places which do not adhere to the rules set by google and the only answer we get is "the algorythm".

It looks like, google lost the control over maps and there own algorithm.

I spent a lot of time and work to gmaps and google. All my work around gmaps will be stopped now. There will be no changes or work in my community. I do not know if i will restart my engagement, since it depends on google.

I would like to point out that it is not something with localguidesconnect or other local guides. Here are great moderators and great local guides. The main reason is, that google gives me the feeling that the do not need local guides. Google and/or Alphabet is the founder, but not a part or partner of this community.

All guys are also frustrated should follow and stop any work, because it looks like it is wasted time.

Connect Moderator

Re: Could not be verified

Postamt
WienerStraße 232, 8051 Graz
0316 6823710

https://goo.gl/maps/Q8wjpj2oW4D2

This appears to be a staffed storefront, it should remain on the map.  According to you the name is "Österreichische Post AG", so use that name.

Postbriefkasten
Harter Str. 67, 8053 Graz, Wetzelsdorf
0810 010100

https://goo.gl/maps/6a2PFfKyBxS2

Mailboxes are not permitted on the map.  When you find a category that is on the map but you do not have access to it, that can be one of multiple things.  A few include:

• it is a proper category but is not in the ones editable within Maps
  • it is a proper category but even when there are more advanced editing available it has purposely been restricted to Googler's only use
  • it is part of a layer that are not publicly editable (examples include the transit layer and lot overlays)
  • it was a category used by the former data supplier for the area, but now that Google has taken over you can only use the standard categories and the non-confirming ones are being cleaned up.  We call these legacy categories.

It takes experience to know which of these has occured, but in all cases one should not add new ones when the category is not avaialble.  In this case it would be the third option; Google does not map mailboxes at all and you can delete them.  In other cases do come here to the forum and we can advise you.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages