wishmasterf's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Phone Number rejected

Hello Friends,

I have a problem with rejected Phone numbers. The local post service changed the phone code from "0810" to "0800".

This BusinessÖsterreichische Post AG und BAWAG P.S.K.

See here for information. contact

Another question i could not find a answer for. should phone numbers include the phone country code and which style should be used?

Which one follows the Google Maps Rules?

examples:

0043 800 100 100 (countrycode with zeros)

+43 800 100 100 (country code with plus)

0800 100 100 (phone number without country code)

12 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Phone Number rejected

Hi, generally only the local portion of the phone number is needed with an area code if that is normal practice for you. You do not need to use the international number format.

The particular business you are editing is claimed so edits should be done via Google My Business by whoever claimed the business.

Thank you for contributing edits. Not applied or staying pending happens to all of us from time to time. Googler Gus wrote a great post about it that would be good for you to read.

Regards Paul

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich Thanks for your answer. Because it is claimed, every change i made get rejected right?

If so, why do i need to post here and not get that as an answer from Google Maps?

International Phone Number: I searched a little bit around the world and saw that there is alway a international phonenumber. Ist this automatic or did all insert phonenumbers including the country code?

Connect Moderator

Phone numbers get internationalised depending on how you look at them and where you are looking at them from. It can also depend on how the person entered the number. When I look at a local business number here I'll see the Australian eight digit number format 9999 9999 or if its in another state the ten digit number format 99 9999 9999 which includes an area code. If I look at a US number I will see +1 999 999 9999 which is the full international number. This is the reason I suspect why Maps rejects "funny" numbers like call centres 19123 for example because they cannot be manipulated using internationalisation rules.

Regards Paul

Level 9

Ok, so country code is not needed. What about regional/city code.

For example:

+43 (0)316 123456

country code:+43

regional/city code: (0)316

phone number: 12345

Is it enough to set the phone number only?

Level 8

Dear @wishmasterf 

Thanks for being Local Guide in Google Maps we are proud of all local guides, I am going to answer your questions.

1: Phone code changed in your country so it may take time to update in Google Maps so keep patience and wait sometime to Google and they will update and accept your request.

2: No need to write country code just simply write your local phone number not country code for example 0800 000 000 ...

so keep it up and hope you make more changes and add more places and give reviews in Google Maps.  Kudo 🙂

Level 9

@MIHashimi Thanks for your answer! 

First of all Thanks to all Local Guides an moderators here.

Back to my first question. My changes get rejected because the entry is "claimed"?

So there is no chance to correct this entry?

I get more an more frustrated. Changes are becoming increasingly common rejected. We do not get a reason, why it is rejected. If i ask here i get more confused than without asking. 

It is not because of the moderators or local guides here. It is definitely Google's communication fault.

There are so many other problems which make gmaps a big mess. There are so many pbotos do not belong to POIs. If you report it, month later  this photos still exist. Many entries do not follow Google rules. Much POIs like Postboxes/Mailboxes, Toilets, police stadion and Post Offices are not mapable because you cn not find a name without descripton or location.

Connect Moderator

When a place is claimed it is managed by someone (usually the business owner or sometimes a Street View Trusted Photographer or Get Your Business Online person) and they should be making the edits. I've seen edits go through on claimed businesses but I think its unusual. If I see that the business has "claim this business" then I'll submit edits. If it doesn't then I don't bother because I know they will usually be rejected. You could contact the business owner and get them to login and do it. The only exception to this is if I find the business is gone then I will include a location and time stamped photo that shows that it is closed.

Regards Paul

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich My goal as Google Local was to help to collect and correct data. Now we see, that this incorrect information will not be correct. So we will get a big mess, because this will not be the only business with incorrect information.

Yes it is a problem.for this company to solved, but it is also a problem for customers who can not call them. Thats sh*t.

Connect Moderator

I concur it is problematic @wishmasterf and not the best outcome for the customer. The expectation is that when a business is claimed, whoever claimed it and got verified will actually take care of the business on an ongoing basis.

Regards Paul