Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Forever Not Applied.

Hi @DamithW please note that points count could vary on platforms (on android will count also videos) and that could take 24 hrs or more to align.

Level 6

@LucioV Thanks... Is that correct. ? That is a fault. Points system should be independent of Platform. Am I right ? 

Level 10

@DamithW wrote:

@LucioV Thanks... Is that correct. ? That is a fault. Points system should be independent of Platform. Am I right ? 

I agree, but as many features are added "on the go", and on beta releases, there will ever be some slight differences between platforms 😉

On Android you can upload videos.

On iOS you can't see multifloor widget on Street View Trusted virtual tours.

And so on...

Level 10

Dear diary,

Day by day, there are extra users posting about the majority of their edits being immediately not applied, and the trend grows faster. It's come to a point that it's popped up in our Sydney Local Guides Google+ group, and I didn't realise one of my Facebook friends is also an avid mapper who vented about it. Well would you think about that?

We don't have patience anymore, that has already dissolved to its entirety. So just do what you need to do.

Level 8

Will someone Please look at this location and approve this business?

Capture.PNG

Level 8

It's been nine days. May we please get an update on what discussions or changes have taken place?

@GusMoreira wrote:

[UPDATE]

Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you very much for raising to us the issue of denied edits and everyone who’s been posting examples of their denied edits over the course of the past weeks.

A recent update of our algorithms has caused us to disproportionately deny mapping contributions from some of our most active contributors, many of whom are Local Guides. We understand that this is a frustrating experience for those who contribute and those who see an outdated map.

Based on all of the examples shared in Local Guides Connect, we have identified the source of the problem and our team is actively working on fixing this issue.  You should see a return to normal service when the fix is rolled out in the coming weeks.

We are committed to constantly improving our algorithms based on your feedback and the trends we see. Thank you for your patience and for helping us make a better Google Maps for everyone.

We will keep you updated on this thread and thank you for your patience.

Level 7
Level 7

I assure you they won't approve it, or at least not until next year at least.

Level 10

@GaryFunk wrote:

Capture.PNG

Hi @GaryFunk there is no way for someone to approve this business, if it's not enqueued for add.

Level 8

And thus the issue. It's a Catch 22. It can't be approved because it's not in queue and can't be put in the queue because it's immediately denied.

Level 8

@LucioV

I guess we can just keep replying and giving each other Kudos. That will at least get us a little further to the next badge. 

Let's see, if I write 12 posts a day and give 12 Kudos a day, I'll gave 5000 in 416 days.

@LucioV wrote:

@GaryFunk wrote:

Capture.PNG

Hi @GaryFunk there is no way for someone to approve this business, if it's not enqueued for add.