Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Could not be verified

i talked about public toilets, but that does not matter.

I dont know, why "Österreichische Post" is the right name. The name is not on a sign and also not the company name. The sign says Post (nothing else), the company name is "Österreichische Post AG".

At the Police the sign says only "Polizei", but the official name is "Polizeiinspektion".

If i change that, its a hard work. There are about 400 post offices and many 100 police stations to change.

So now i have to mark all postboxes as not existing because they are not mapable?

Level 9

@YK1001

Here are 4 examples of places. please tell me, if we should "delete", edit or leave this points. If edit, what should be the proper name for this POIs?

Postamt
WienerStraße 232, 8051 Graz
0316 6823710

https://goo.gl/maps/Q8wjpj2oW4D2

Polizeiinspektion Raaba
Dr. Auner Str. 2, 8074 Raaba
059 1336 146100

https://goo.gl/maps/nESqtpaPPAt

Öffentliche WC-Anlage
Untere Donaulände 11, 4020 Linz

https://goo.gl/maps/BciA4YUw76w

Postbriefkasten
Harter Str. 67, 8053 Graz, Wetzelsdorf
0810 010100

https://goo.gl/maps/6a2PFfKyBxS2

Level 10

Hello @BruceDM,

Flash is great, full of years of information and wisdom that only I could aspire to in the future. Watch me grow and elevate to new heights! Thanks for writing. For the majority of these "Mt Druitt" edits, I am only and solely attempting to edit the location descriptor out from these franchies, so Godfreys Mt Druitt would be just Godfreys, The Cheesecake Shop Mt Druitt would just be The Cheesecake Shop, and additionally, Oliver Brown Belgian Chocolate Cafe should only be named as Oliver Brown without the marketing tagline/service or product following. @JeroenM understands when to distinguish whether the location descriptor does add value to the listing or whether it should be withheld, and therefore as do I with the dialogue fostered across Local Guides Connect over the past few months.

Bruce, I refer to you a worksheet that I have compiled over the past few weeks, entitled The Not Applied Database. I posted it just yesterday, tagging Flash and LucioV. In the span of a few days, I navigated through all of my past edits and compiled the ones that in my opinion were erroneously not applied, or were reverted back to incorrect information (most likely due to a GMB listing). You can access the database and the detail of what I'm attempting to edit across all the different tabs below:

Not Applied DatabaseTNAD.png

Legend

NA = Not Applied
INA = Immediately Not Applied
RV = Reversion to previous (Most likely due to GMB listings, some also do not have a GMB claim!)

P = Pending

The red line signifies all edits made after the majority of edits started to be immediately rejected, that is: Monday 9th October 2017, and is in a chronological order mainly (newer edits at the top).

Now that this database does have visibility and the interest of moderators as yourself, I'm hoping that with all the screenshots that I have posted over the past eleven days there is substance in what I am suggesting with my edits, and that we can collectively devise a strategy to regain my power and trust to make successful edits once again.

Level 10

Hello Gus,

I'm very humbled for you to have spared a bit of your time and respond as you have, and very much appreciate it. While I have been adamant that the algorithm has changed, it's not uncommon to start coming up with the wildest hypotheses as to what's been happening.

I would like to see if possible what the current state of my trust is. As I have linked my database of 'not applied edits', you can tell that many of the rejections are not grounded, and thus the amount of pending edits still as well as not applied are quite numerous in size.

I can now understand that in the last month, my behaviour has a local guide has been quite fast in comparison to previous trends due to the amount of free time I've had. Although I can't see a past snapshot of where I was at a month ago, I estimated to have uploaded about 1500 photos, made upwards of a 1200 edits, checked about 4000 facts, answered 5000 questions and wrote a decent amount of reviews. This erratic behaviour could have been picked up as slightly suspicious, but then again, this isn't just solely directed at an individual. Given the state of Maps and the sheer amount of spammers and users with ill intent, this is only a necessary roadblock that eventually will be smoothed over time.

I know I shouldn't take these rejections personally and that I should probably turn off my feelings for these, but I guess that's the whole part of a rapidly growing community. Sure, it may have been the 49,295,193th reason why my edits were rejected on the grounds of good faith, but I can guarantee, I'm resolute in my intentions as a mapper.

Thanks again.

Level 8

Hi @wishmasterf,

It is great that you included these 4 sample place for further discussion.

Sometime, discussions in general can only bring us so far and we have to start to discuss something specific.

I am sure our Mapping Experts will give you the best advice

I do have my opinions for them, but I will just refrain myself from posting them at this moment - as I consider myself have enough knowledge to advice you what to do. 

Let's see what our Mapping Experts will be telling us first.  As a Local Guides,  I need to digest all the available information, and to be responsible for my own actions.  

I can only tell you what I will do if I am doing it.

Level 10

Re: Forever Not Applied.

I am also looking for a solution but found nothing yet.

I have already added over 50 places in this small town a few months ago and almost everything get approved immediately.

But now all places I try to add are automatically rejected.

I think I have to wait for a time interval and then I will try again.

Level 9

@waiyanhtet Please show us examples of the rejected places.

Level 10

@wishmasterf@ I tried to add a general practitioner, electrical installation service and stationery shop. Stationery shop got approved after trying several times on next day. Electrical installation service and general practitioner are rejected all the time. I fill all the information and geo tag photo except websites as those business have no websitesGeneral practitionerGeneral practitioner

Electric installation serviceElectric installation service

Stationery shopStationery shop

Level 9

@waiyanhtet So let the experts tell us whats going on in this case. For me it is very frustrating if i do not know why something get rejected. It prevents me from doing a better job. Not only algorithms are able to learn, i am too..

Level 7

Everything I edit automatically goes to "Not Applied"

This started just recently. No matter what I edit, whether it be moving an incorrect pin from the middle of the street, to adding info to a business that I literally have been to many times, it will jump right to "Not Applied" after a few seconds after publishing. What's the point anymore? Something is wrong here. Is my account flagged as "spam" ? It sounds very relatable to this: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Place-Edits-are-quot-NOT-APPLIED-quot-insta...

I don't do things that are fake. So why is this happening to me? I do not even receive emails anymore for my edits telling me the action that was taken.