PaulGermer's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Place Edits are "NOT APPLIED" instantly on my account

I've tried to add places that aren't listed.

I tried to move a map marker for a hotel which you could see on street view was obviously in the wrong place.

I tried to remove a church that had burnt down and is an empty lot now.

I tried to remove a church that is shown at someones home across from where it used to be.

All my edits say "NOT APPLIED" on them.

I introduced a friend to Local Guides and showed him how to submit an edit.. Since my Motel edit had been "NOT APPLIED" since it "could not be verified"

I showed him where this error was.. He submitted the change on a brand new account with 4 points, and in less than 5 minute the exact same edit was approved.. which just added salt to the wound.

I see people mentioning they can submit comments along with the edit, but I see no where to type anything in like "street view shows empty lot since building was removed" or something like that..

Im assuming a bot is rejecting these edits, and im concerned the more of them I submit that are rejected it will just end up getting rejected every single time, or labeled a spammer.

I saw an article saying editing privileges can be revoked.

This is pretty frustrating.

46 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Place Edits are "NOT APPLIED" instantly on my account

I had a moderator look into my account which was no longer working at all. Not sure what they did but my account allows me to login again, and I have the ability to create edits that now show "Applied" or "Pending" status.. they no longer go to "Not Applied" instantly. They have not said what they changed. I just got it fixed this morning.

It was frustrating, having everyone say that it was normal, or the edits weren't valid.

Appreciate everyone's assistance.

UPDATE: After emailing the moderator they just replied that "It was a glitch in our system". So no details on what was done to remedy the problem. But all the problems I was experiencing are now fixed.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @PaulGermer,

Can you confirm if it happens to edits in certain type / location?  Or to any of your edits?

When did that started?  What you describe can happen if your Maps profile got flaged as Spammer.

I moved this topic to Mapping your Worlds board, as our Mapping Experts can give you more concrete answers.

Level 9

Here is my edits history, for the past 2 weeks.

Not Applied - Marked as doesn't exist
Not Applied - Marked as doesn't exist
Not Applied - Map marker
Not Applied - Place creation
Approved - Place creation
Level 9
Level 9

Nobody here can see the edits you're making so it's impossible to give a blanket explanation. There's probably a mix of reasons for your denials, it you can provide some map links and say exactly what you were trying to do for each, we can look at edits on a case by case basis with some potential advice.

Level 9

I had already listed some of the things I was submitting as edits.

I posted the list because the person who replied asked if the changes were the same type,

and to illustrate that it was consistent Not Applied across the board.

Posting a detailed list inst going to help. As I resubmitted the exact same change from my friends account and it was applied minutes later.

This tells me either he got lucky, or something is blocking me from submitting changes.

My changes are legitimate edits. A simple look at street view shows that a lot is empty, a building is gone, a church is not located in a tiny house.

Connect Moderator

Hello,

If all your edits are auto denied no matter what feature you edit and no matter what type of edit then it is likely you have been flagged as a spammer.  As such a flag can be sometimes incorrect you can ask for a review, please read the last paragraph of https://mapmaker.google.com/mapmaker/intl/en_ALL/mapfiles/s/guidelines.html and follow the instructions there.  That team will have the final say in such matters.

If you can make any type of edit then you are not flagged as a spammer and should not follow those instructions.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

@PaulGermer wrote:

<snip>

Posting a detailed list inst going to help. As I resubmitted the exact same change from my friends account and it was applied minutes later.

This tells me either he got lucky, or something is blocking me from submitting changes.

<snip>

Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps it was accepted because two seemingly independent people submitted the same edit.

Perhaps of the order of submission had been reversed you would have concluded that it was your submission that had been accepted.

Level 9
Level 9

@PaulGermer wrote:

I tried to remove a church that had burnt down and is an empty lot now.

What edit did you try to apply to this feature, 'Marked as doesn't exist' or 'Marked as closed'? 

The reason I asked for links with exact explanations is because you may be applying the wrong type of edit - in your second post you mention two occasions using 'Marked as doesn't exist', but in your first post the examples don't seem to fit this edit type.

As you noted yourself one of your edits was approved so you don't appear to be flagged. If you want help with edits you're going to need to help us with the info you're providing to work out what's going wrong 

Level 9

Just attempted to add a new business. Submitted as add a missing place. I included the website, the phone number, even a picture of the sign and store front. It was instantly "Not Applied". 

No reply from google yet. I have to assume my account got blacklisted from editing.

Level 9
Level 9

@PaulGermer can you supply the specific details you submitted including a map link. It can sometimes be the case we think we are doing everything correctly but we're making a simple mistake