GhazalaShah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Finding local guides from a particular place

Spoiler
Connect is a place where people of community can find like minded people and also connect with people or local guides belonging to a place favorite to them. For example if I wish find the local guides based in Gilgit-Baltistan; is there a way to do that?
10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Google Moderator
Solution

Re: Finding local guides from a particular place

Hello @GhazalaShah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

I would like to recommend you to search the community for mentions of "Gilgit-Baltistan" (or other city or country that you are interested in) to find posts that have that name in the title, body of the post, or the location tag.

Feel free to jump into these conversations and speak with Local Guides in/from there.

I hope that this information will help you. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Google Moderator
Solution

Hello @GhazalaShah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

I would like to recommend you to search the community for mentions of "Gilgit-Baltistan" (or other city or country that you are interested in) to find posts that have that name in the title, body of the post, or the location tag.

Feel free to jump into these conversations and speak with Local Guides in/from there.

I hope that this information will help you. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@Ivi_Ge Yes thank you, it helped.. in two ways: one for guidance and other for feeling that I haven't stepped into a red zone; by seeing the word Spoiler I was a bit.. I mean mildly..terrified.. but now it feels I am safe 😝.. you know guides can also need guidance..lolz. BTW.. I am still confused about what a Spoiler is & all..you know.. Okay..again thanks �

Connect Moderator

Hello @GhazalaShah, check this post if you want to understand where the spoiler came from

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-remove-an-unintended-Spoiler/m-p/115...

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Google Moderator

You are welcome @GhazalaShah. If you have more question feel free to ask 🙂 

As @JanVanHaver mentioned for more information about spoiler just check How to remove an unintended Spoiler post. 

Thank you for helping @JanVanHaver!

Level 7

Re: 14 helpful tips for using Connect

Thanks for the tips, but how do I connect with local guides in my locality- local community? For local meetings.

Level 5

Re: How do I search on Connect?

1. It would be nice if you gave tips for those of us not living in metropolitan areas. What are the best ways to find others? 
Former Google Contributor

Re: How do I search on Connect?

Hi @jenandthebeluga

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm!

To find fellow Local Guides from your area, try searching the community for mentions of your city/country to find posts that have that name in the title, body of the post, or the location tag. Feel free to jump into these conversations, engage with the Local Guides near you, and plan a meet-up. Please take a look at this article How to organise a Meet-up.

I merged your post into Finding local guides from a particular place to keep things organized.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Former Google Contributor

Re: 14 helpful tips for using Connect

Hi @Tihove

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

To find fellow Local Guides from your area, try searching the community for mentions of your city/country to find posts that have that name in the title, body of the post, or the location tag. Feel free to jump into these conversations, engage with the Local Guides near you, and plan a meet-up. Please take a look at this article How to organise a Meet-up.

Please try to mention your location in the subject line of your post (i.e. Meetup at [your city]) or in the ""Location"" field. This way, other Local Guides who are from the same area can find your post easily.

I merged your post into Finding local guides from a particular place to keep things organized.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Re: How do I write a post on Connect?

Any Members from Assam please like.